Power LED indicator won't off when i turn off the laptop and sleep problem

Ghehan

Estimable
Dec 23, 2015
Hi everyone, i just bought a laptop yesterday, its Lenovo B40. The performance was good, but when i turn off my laptop from start >> shut down, the power LED indicator won't off, i wait about 1hour, it's still on. But if i go to control panel and set "what power button does" to shut down(default setting was sleep), the laptop can shutdown normally. But i must press the power button to turn off the laptop. What is the problem? the laptop or the OS? is this way is safe?

And the second problem is i can't wake up my laptop when i turn it to sleep from start >> sleep, the power indicator aren't blinking, and i can't wake the laptop up. So, i must press power button about 5sec to forcibly shut the laptop down and turn it on again. But if i close the lid, the laptop was sleeping normally, the power indicator is blinking, and i can wake the the laptop. any solution?

Hi,

About the LED light still being on even if you shut it down, here are some troubleshooting steps that may help.
- Start going into BIOS and set it into defaults, press F9 and select Yes to set defaults.
- If these doesn't work download and install the latest BIOS update there is from Lenovo's support site.
- If all these will not work I would suggest running a complete factory reset.

For the Sleep Mode issue that won't wake up:
- Go to Device Manager and expand Mouse right click on it and select Properties.
- Click on Power Management tab and make sure there's a check on Allow this device to wake the computer.
- Do the same with Keyboard, set it to wake the PC up as well.
- Once done test it with sleep mode again.

Ghehan

Estimable
Dec 23, 2015

Ah, thanks for the response, i tried to set BIOS setting to default, its still not working, but i will try to download the lastest BIOS driver if available. And about the sleep problem, when i right click on the selected device and click properties, there are no "Power Management" tab, there are just General, Driver, Details, Event, and resources tab, what should i do?

Ghehan

Estimable
Dec 23, 2015
Well, it's 4days already and i still didn't get any solution, but if u have the same issue about the power LED, i have shortcut to avoid this issue (not fixing), here are some step to do this...

> Make a new shortcut in desktop
> type " shutdown /s /t 0 " on location box
> create a name ex. " Full Shutdown " , finish.

if you click this shortcut, your laptop will perform a full shutdown, this way is working for me