Power not responding

Oct 21, 2018
I have an HP pavilion 15-n007se. Where one time i plugged in a USB flash drive, a few minutes later the screen went blank and the laptop was frozen, i forced it to shut down by holding the power button. But now it won't turn on anymore, but it does charge....

I did put on my research and since i know a thing or two to fix laptops, i opened the laptop to lookup the motherboard

Regarding on power, the laptop doesn't turn on but it charges, so I'm suspecting that the charging ic is not damaged, i was looking for that very specific component or connection that handles the power button, but no luck

Until i encountered this big square chip, an ENE KB9010QF super I/O chip.

According to it's datasheet, the chip can handle many things like USB, keyboard/mouse, fan speed, and also power management

So my question is, is the super I/O chip the one that handles the power button on motherboards? And does replacing it helps fix this issue?

Oct 21, 2018
MERGED QUESTION
Question from maenard15 : "Power not responding"

I have an HP pavilion 15-n007se. Where one time i plugged in a USB flash drive, a few minutes later the screen went blank and the laptop was frozen, i forced it to shut down by holding the power button. But now it won't turn on anymore, but it does charge....

I did put on my research and since i know a thing or two to fix laptops, i opened the laptop to lookup the motherboard

Regarding on power, the laptop doesn't turn on but it charges, so I'm suspecting that the charging ic is not damaged, i was looking for that very specific component or connection that handles the power button, but no luck

Until i encountered this big square chip, an ENE KB9010QF super I/O chip.

According to it's datasheet, the chip can handle many things like USB, keyboard/mouse, fan speed, and also power management

So my question is, is the super I/O chip the one that handles the power button on motherboards? And does replacing it helps fix this issue?

TRENDING THREADS