Power on your computer when the battery (AC) is plugged in

Nov 24, 2018
Is there any way to power on your computer when the charger (AC) is plugged in?? My computer doesn't have a power on button (its broken) and its very hard to power it on (i have to press it with a screwdriver to work) I'm using a Sony Vaio windows 10.

USAFRet

Splendid
MERGED QUESTION
Question from amitojsinghmomi : "power on your computer when the charger (AC) is plugged in"

USAFRet

Splendid
MERGED QUESTION
Question from amitojsinghmomi : "power on your computer when the charger (AC) is plugged in"

Oct 8, 2018
check your bios/uefi settings. For my dell I have options to power on the pc whenever a/c power is detected and I can set a schedule to power on the pc at any given point of any day. I would say you could turn both of those on provided that you can so sometimes you can leave it plugged in so its charged and it will still power on for you in the morning or something.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
J Laptop Tech Support 1
K Laptop Tech Support 11
T Laptop Tech Support 3
A Laptop Tech Support 2
P Laptop Tech Support 1
J Laptop Tech Support 9
G Laptop Tech Support 4
F Laptop Tech Support 2
K Laptop Tech Support 3
L Laptop Tech Support 1
G Laptop Tech Support 5
G Laptop Tech Support 7
D Laptop Tech Support 2
K Laptop Tech Support 1
P Laptop Tech Support 1
B Laptop Tech Support 2
R Laptop Tech Support 1
N Laptop Tech Support 1
A Laptop Tech Support 2
E Laptop Tech Support 2
Similar threads
Why does my computer run slowly when plugged in with charger and works normally on battery?
HI grade model W651UI Laptop
Samsung laptop both power and battery lights blinking but computer doesn't start
Laptop wont power, neither with or without battery
Laptop running on battery power, not recognizing AC adapter following liquid spill.
Can running my laptop on A.C. power with a dead battery hurt my computer?
Laptop Unable to switch between Ac adapter and Battery
Asus x200m notebook pc plugged in and charging, but battery not going above 10%
Laptop won't power on.... Usually. - Lenovo y40
Acer computer....won't turn on plugged in or on battery. Blue light on power button and light bulb icon on front blink 5 times
Not recognizing charger with battery plugged in
Lenovo Z710 "Plugged in, not charging" Battery Switch Board?
Asus g55vw laptop will work only on battery. It will not charge the battery and will not power up with power adapter
I have an Acer Aspire E1-571-6837. It will not charge the battery out run the computer with just the power supply. It is a new
i have a lenovo edge 15 model80k9. led power light is blinking but computer will not repond. no power up . the battery is "s
Connecting or disconnecting the battery charger causes the computer to freeze.
My battery is fully charged, once I unplug the power cord, the computer shuts off?
Battery won't charge but I have no power computer doesn't work it says it needs to restart in safe mode but won't.
Still have a "plugged in, not charging" after buying new battery and power adapter
Acer computer....won't turn on plugged in or on battery. Blue light on power button and light bulb icon on front blink 5 times

ASK THE COMMUNITY