Question Powered sub clicking on certain songs.

Nov 10, 2022
Hello all, hopefully this wasn't asked before but I couldn't find anything that's the same as my situation after searching. I have an Athena Technologies AS-P400 sub that had been golden until yesterday when it started making a clicking sound on certain songs.

I've had the volume and crossover settings at the same level since I first got it and it's never had any problems. When I started playing the same music I usually play it developed an odd clicking on certain songs/frequencies. Seems like the slightly quicker punchy stuff causes it since it sounds fine with the longer drawn out bass notes but i could be mistaken.

Have tried different plug ins in case it wasn't getting enough power and tried both the speaker level inputs and the low level input with no difference.
I've tried another woofer with the same specs and it did the same thing which is leading me to think it's the plate amp. Just curious if anyone has experienced anything similar and managed to fix the problem, could point me in the right direction on what to look for or if the amp is just done for. I checked for any loose or burned components on the amp but it seems fine.

Here is a recording on Dropbox of the sound it's making if it helps, loud volume warning and sorry if you dont like the music lol. Video is black since my camera didn't have enough light but theres not visual signs of any problems. https://www.dropbox.com/s/p2fx8pkno0onsec/DSCN0186.MP4?dl=0

Any help is appreciated, thanks for reading.

Nov 10, 2022
Diagnosed it down to a failing capacitor, ordered a replacement and it's working perfectly again. Figured i'd mention it in case anyone else ever runs into this issue. The one that failed on mine was the largest cap at 220uf and 200v. Have a good day.

Mike W.