Powering 6 pairs of speakers in addition to my main surround system.

Mar 16, 2018
I have a DennonAVR-X4300H
This system powers my Main living room with TV and souround system. 7.1
I am using the zone #2 output to run an HDMI cable to my old reciver Onkyo TXNR656 Then I connected the front left and right channels to a 6 station switch box. This box simply splits the signal to 6 pairs of speakers throughout my home.
The Onkyo is failing and I need to replace it with something designed to do what I am asking it to do which is simply supply enough power for 6 pairs of speakers.
I found a couple of amps that will work and I can get rid of my switch box but they are not cheep. Just looking for advice before I spend some cash.
I do have volume controls at each of the 6 locations.

Solution
Your Denon receiver has HEOS built in. It works great and you could expand using HEOS.
More than one way to skin this cat.
You could use Denon HEOS Amps..
You could go all in and use HEOS Superlinks with a multichannel amp.
If you just want to keep things as they are you can use a stereo amp with about the same amount of power as the Onkyo and continue to use the speaker selector. You don't need a multichannel amp unless you want separate sources in each room and it's easier to do that with HEOS.

kanewolf

Judicious
MERGED QUESTION
Question from scottcollard1124 : "I have a Onkyo TXNR656 for my stereo souround system. I have been using my old amp to power zone 2 and run my 6 pairs of speak"

Your Denon receiver has HEOS built in. It works great and you could expand using HEOS.
More than one way to skin this cat.
You could use Denon HEOS Amps..
You could go all in and use HEOS Superlinks with a multichannel amp.
If you just want to keep things as they are you can use a stereo amp with about the same amount of power as the Onkyo and continue to use the speaker selector. You don't need a multichannel amp unless you want separate sources in each room and it's easier to do that with HEOS.

Solution