Powering Sony Shake 5 Speakers without Original Reciever

CameronN1

Prominent
Jul 21, 2017
The title pretty much says it all. I have two Sony Shake 5 speakers that each require 1200 watts a piece at 4 ohms each. I was wondering if there's any way I can power those without the original receiver. The original did have around a 2200 watt amp built into it and that's where I've found my biggest issue. Any help/suggestions would be much appreciated.

Thank you!!

Solution
I would not worry about matching the power rating of the original receiver. They pretty much make that spec up on mini systems.
I would guess that any receiver with a power rating given into a 4 ohm load will drive the speaker and if it had 100 watts into 4 ohms that probably will be more than the original receiver had. If they don't give a spec into a 4 ohm load the receiver might shut down or produce less power into 4 ohms than into 8 ohm loads,
I would not worry about matching the power rating of the original receiver. They pretty much make that spec up on mini systems.
I would guess that any receiver with a power rating given into a 4 ohm load will drive the speaker and if it had 100 watts into 4 ohms that probably will be more than the original receiver had. If they don't give a spec into a 4 ohm load the receiver might shut down or produce less power into 4 ohms than into 8 ohm loads,

Solution