Preamp help please

Juks

Estimable
Jun 21, 2015
How do I connect my Pyle pt3300 preamp to my Sony str-dh550 av receiver? There are no rca audio outputs on the sony. Do I use the headphone jack some how? I am running two mtx aal 2230b speaker towers. Thank you for any advice.

kanewolf

Judicious
First the PT3300 is a power amp not a preamp. Looking at the pictures, I don't see ANY easy way to connect that amp to the Sony. If you wanted to use it ONLY as a subwoofer amp, you could do that, but not as an amp for other channels. You don't have a receiver that supports what you want to do.

Juks

Estimable
Jun 21, 2015
Sorry for being such a nube. I purchased a denon receiver off of eBay that has pre outs. I am thinking about buying two of those converters so I can run multiple amps. There is only one pre out on that denon receiver and those mtx's are power hungry. I'm going to hook up the amp and the equalizer tmoro and see how it sounds and go from there. Is it possible to bridge those 2230's?

If you have preamp outs you can split that with Y connectors and don't need those adapters.
I think you mean bridge the Pyle amps? No you can't. No bridging switch. If the speakers have biwire terminals it is possible to put a separate amp on the tweeter mids but that won't have to be as high powered if it is worth doing at all.
Looking at the Pyle it is an integrated amp so you can connect your sources directly to it. Better than going through the Denon unless you use the tuner in it.