I have bought this laptop less than 2 months ago. It is a GTX 970m 3gb; I7-6700hq; 8gb ram model. Everything was running smoothly, even after I reinstalled windows because of unwanted 3rd party advertisement programs. Now, every game I play, even on the lowest settings, lags once in a while or more occasionally, depending on the game. Even GTA III suffers. CS:GO gets an fps drop for 1 second every 30 seconds, Diablo III lags, same for GTA V. It is weird, that all these games, when running smoothly are in well over 60fps range (except for GTA V), but when the fps drop happens, it never drops down below 60fps. G-Sync does not solve the problem.
There has been released a BIOS update for G9-591 2 days ago, which, unfortunately I cannot install because of ROM error. Maybe this could be the case?
Please do try doing a clean install of the graphics card driver.
- Start by uninstalling the Nvidia graphics card driver from Device Manager.
- Next is to open Programs and Features then uninstall anything related to Nvidia.
- Once done, download and install the latest driver.
- Here's the link: nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx
- Reboot the laptop once the driver has been installed.
- Do set Nvidia as the default GPU once the laptop has restarted.
- Here's how: http/nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2615/~/how-do-i-customize-optimus-profiles-and-settings%3F