Premiere Pro not utilizing CPU

bryson04

Estimable
Feb 25, 2015
Alright so this is really weird, premiere pro cc 2014 is only using 22% of my cpu when exporting. My disk is not spinning or queuing many things at all. Does anyone know a fix, i have tried everything that i could think of.

FX-8320
R9 270x
240 GB SSD & 3TB 7200 Seagate

Solution
everything on the web seems to indicate this is an issue with Premier Pro, that basically the software only uses 2 "threads" on most machines.

2 threads on an 8 corefx would be 25% utilization. It does basically the same thing on an i7... on an i5 it will use 50%... which is still 2 cores.

Apparently it only works right (using all threads) on MAC computers.

ingtar33

Honorable
Dec 17, 2012
everything on the web seems to indicate this is an issue with Premier Pro, that basically the software only uses 2 "threads" on most machines.

2 threads on an 8 corefx would be 25% utilization. It does basically the same thing on an i7... on an i5 it will use 50%... which is still 2 cores.

Apparently it only works right (using all threads) on MAC computers.

Solution

bryson04

Estimable
Feb 25, 2015

This makes since, as if it was bug in premiere, but it is supposed to utilize AMDs chips better then Intel, being the only thing that AMD wins in over intels similar chips. Maybe I can trick premiere by changing the number of cores in windows, worth a shot, but resource monitor says it is using each core. My friend doesn't have this problem and he has a 8350

ingtar33

Honorable
Dec 17, 2012

you could try to make sure windows is 100% up to date, sometimes that will make issues vanish. you could try to reinstall Adobe, make sure it's fully updated.

The issues on the web seemed to be sporatic so I suspect it doesn't affect everyone, unfortunately i've seen zero solutions to the problem. Also if none of those suggestions help, make sure your firewall and antivirus are off... maybe one of them are mucking up the works.