press start button....screen starts for 2 seconds then blacks out...pls help

wsiare

Commendable
Mar 22, 2016
press start button....screen starts for 2 seconds then blacks out...pls help....my hp notebook

Hi,

Please do try these troubleshooting steps that may help in solving the issue.
- Start by doing a hard reboot, remove the battery and unplug the AC adapter then press and hold the power button for 20 seconds then boot it up.
- If it will shut down, remove the battery and boot it up with just the charger connected and see if it will stay on.
- Next to try if both steps will not work is to try a different AC adapter then see if it will stay on or not.
- If the same problem will persist using a different AC adapter that means there's something else wrong inside the laptop.
- Do reseat the RAM's, remove them all for couple of seconds then put them back in making sure everything is seated properly.
- If these will still not work proceed with cleaning the inside of the laptop, remove the dust off the fans and apply new thermal paste on the CPU.
- Lastly, if all these will not work that means the problem is within the motherboard.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
M Laptop Tech Support 0
H Laptop Tech Support 1
0 Laptop Tech Support 1
N Laptop Tech Support 1
T Laptop Tech Support 2
P Laptop Tech Support 1
M Laptop Tech Support 1
H Laptop Tech Support 3
E Laptop Tech Support 1
Y Laptop Tech Support 1
T Laptop Tech Support 2
L Laptop Tech Support 1
C Laptop Tech Support 1
U Laptop Tech Support 3
M Laptop Tech Support 1
S Laptop Tech Support 2
Z Laptop Tech Support 1
I Laptop Tech Support 2
M Laptop Tech Support 1
M Laptop Tech Support 1
Similar threads
Question HP laptop will not boot unless I press any F key right after pressing the power button.
I have Lenovo ideapad 110 now my issue is today I want to use my laptop and I press power button to turn on but in start proce
Hello, my laptop is Dell with a system type 64 bits. My screen appears black when i press the start button. What shall i do? I
Acer E5-471G won't start up when I press the power button but indicates with a blue light.
my laptop doesn't start unless i press the power button multiple times..the battery is ok as well as the AC adapter..what caus
my lenovo laptop doesn't turn on the are only lights that come on the third 1 doesn't turn on when I press the start button I
Acer aspire 5336 working well,is showing black screen when I pressed the start button,how to fix this issue
HP X 360 Convertible 11-ab011 Laptop suddenly turns itself off and I have to press the power button to get it to "re-start" wh
I press power button it starts to come for about 3 - 5 seconds then shuts off again.
My Acer E14 wont start. The blue light appears when i pressed the power button but it only last 5-6 seconds.. What shoul I do.
not starting when i press start button it doesn't show anything
Asus r752s turns on and off automatically every seconds without even pressing the start button over and over
I'm pressing the power button numerous times to start the laptop
My Asus X751L laptop is not starting when the power button is pressed.
My dell laptop makes a 3 beeping sounds when I press power button and it won't start please how can I fix this problem?
Brand new laptop won't turn on. Keyboard lights blink once on pressing start button.
my toshiba laptop is charging , when i press the power button, the charging and the power light turn off and wont start my lap
my Samsung ativ-book laptop wont shut down, its continuously showing shutting down whenever i press the power button to start
toshiba satellite NB15T wont start up. power led flashes 5 times when i press power button..any thoughts???
my laptop take charge but when press for start button its become off.solutions

ASK THE COMMUNITY