Preview: Pogoplug Series 4 With Local and Cloud Storage

Status
Not open for further replies.

wopr11

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2011
The article failed to mention that when you upload files to the Pogo device the Pogo software modifies the files using some sort of compression that results in significant degradation of the quality of the media files. Also, dragging files from My Computer into the Pogo drives takes FOREVER - in part because of the conversion process. So make sure you keep copies of valuable media files out of the pogo device, unless you want to see the pixelation typical of 1980's playback quality. Large photo files and video take a very very long time to upload per file.The Pogo device I purchase would allow you to upload just a few files and then it would indicate that the files had been uploaded but when you would try to download them it would say that it couldn't find them. You could see the folders listed but with no files in them after certain number of files ( I guess the file size had something to do with it). Check the internet reviews from actual users of this product. Perhaps Pogo improved the software already (which by the way does not come with the product, you have to download and then pay extra to get their cloud services activated). Some users reported that the older version of the software worked fine and that the updated version was the one plagued with problems but I could not locate the older software online. Attempts to contact Pogo's customer service were not successful (they never answered back basically). Needless to say I returned the product before 7 days.

amk-aka-Phantom

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2011
Ah, finally the cloud that makes sense. Yes, I'd buy that, and the price is not bad, but I don't want any "software" to run it... I want this identified as a network drive, no conversion, no nothing.

the_glider

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2012
I have no problem accessing the files on my Pogoplug Series 4 using standard Windows drive method,
You have to set it up on your Web, not on the installed SW on your PC.
In addition, the media files are exactly as the original, it probably has to do with the way I upload my files.

The Pogoplug solution is not heavy duty solution, but as a private person I manage to do most of the features they claim to do

SK

Status
Not open for further replies.