Prime Instant Video Edges Closer to Netflix with Hannibal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ninjamonkeh

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2010
Can you watch amazon streaming videos on Android tablets, or just the kindle? $80 a year isnt bad but im not switching to Kindle.

mikenygmail

Distinguished
Aug 29, 2009
Amazon Prime is $hit compared to Netflix. Unlike Netflix, Amazon Prime doesn't allow HD on PC's, it doesn't automatically take you to the next episode in a series, and it doesn't allow you to easily skip around by showing instant previews when you mouse over the progress bar. The interface is clunky at best, and I would rate it a 3 out of 10, with Netflix being a 9.

oldmangamer

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2005
We have enjoyed both Netflix and Amazon Prime Instant but find the Amazon offering more to our tastes. The interface problems another writer describes are either niggles or plain wrong. On Roku, next episodes appear at once. Searching is quite intuitive.
Amazon is available on the B&N tablets and in the Google Play store for Android devices.

Ninjamonkeh

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2010
I cant find streaming video on google play, I see one for google tv but not tablets. Neither my Sprint GS3 or my wi-fi galaxy tab 2 10.1 are compatible for it. In this article and on Amazon they dont list Android as supported. I would still keep my netflix account but with free shipping and video I wouldnt care about how much better netflix is. Can someone with a gs3 or galaxy tab 2 10.1 confirm im a blind idiot by finding it on play lol.

bustapr

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2009
i enjoy this prime subscription. I didnt really sub to prime for the instant video, but its a nice thing to have in addition to the free shipping. when choosing between amazon prime and netflix, its good to take into consideration the free shipping and discounts you get with amazon. i might check some of these shows out when i have time.

blader15sk8

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2006
@mikenygmail
Yea, the no HD streaming on PC is the only reason I haven't used it much lately. When I first signed up you could, and within a month they took it away. I am sure it is due to licensing issues and not entirely Amazon's fault. I got Prime more for the free 2-day shipping anyway and got it at the student price, so I am not too upset.

techngro

Distinguished
Oct 27, 2011
For all of you folks saying that Amazon Prime is too expensive, remember that they also do student memberships for half-price. So if you are a student (or know someone who is a student) you could get a pretty awesome deal.
I prefer Amazon overall, but with Netflix I like that I don't have to check to see if it's included in the subscription. With Amazon, I always have to make sure I look for the stuff that's included in the Prime subscription.

g00fysmiley

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2010
i have amazon prime for the free shipping the streaming is just gravy, getting this is pretty cool, i dropped cable about a year agao have onyl missed a few shows and mmost of that is on scifi so will be nice catching up on em and seeing soe content, beats witing a long time on netflix, now i love netflix to just am stoked to get content a little faster on one of my fav channels

dalethepcman

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2010
Prime does not run on stock Android or iOS. For android only, If you can still find flash player you can access the PC version of the site for streaming using the internet browser.

Status
Not open for further replies.