Print a Book!

yoaverez

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2002
I'm trying to do a fairly simple thing, but its turning out to be much more complicated then i originaly thought.

i want to print out a book. it is now stored on a Word Document, 96 pages long. but what i want to do is this:
i want to print out the book, 2 pages on each A4, 2 sided,
and in the end i want to close it up in the middle, and fold it together.
meaning that word has to print each page acordingly
and then on its back should be

the numbers are page numbers of course.

can somebody help me?
How do i do this in word??
i hope i explained myself correctly.

~ forgive my stupid questions ~

riser

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2001
Take it to Kinkos unless you have a printer that will do double sided. You'll have to go into File - Print or File - Page Setup.

I know you can do 2 pages per sheet, 1, 2 on the front, 3, 4 on the back..
If that's what you wanted to do..

I see what you're trying to do though.

You might want to print 1 page per sheet, shrink it to the size you want.. like everything in a column on the left, print the first 48 pages.. put the second 48 pages in the 2nd column, print again.. using a printer that can print double sided.

sobelizard

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2002
Kinko's is not a bad suggestion. If you have Adobe Acrobat, page layout management is a whole lot easier. PDF the doc and arrange your pages in the layout you want. Throw in a duplex capable printer and you are set. If you have a plain jane single side printer, you are going to have to manually re-feed the sheets.

<b><i>Powered by <font color=blue>V</font color=blue><font color=purple>E</font color=purple><font color=red>R</font color=red><font color=purple>T</font color=purple><font color=blue>O</font color=blue></b>
Fueled by <b><font color=blue>CL-</font color=blue><font color=red>ONE</font color=red></b>