Review Private Internet Access review

Apr 14, 2022
I had a yearly subscription and by mistake they sent me an offer to reactivate that subscription which wasn't expired. I clicked and paid into the offer, which was for a 2 year subscription, but it created a new subscription instead of extending the existing one. I ended up with 2 subscriptions. I was expecting the subscriptions to be merged. When I received an email saying that my subscription was expiring it took me by surprise. When I contacted customer service they said I should have merged the subscriptions within 30 days of receiving the second subscription. They basically stole 7 months of subscription from me. Customer service is horrible and you can't access a history of financial dealings in your account. Please keep your emails as it is the only proof you have of any charges made by this company. Very dodgy. Please avoid.

May 31, 2022
Been with PIA since 2010 and own multiple accounts that I pay with Gift cards. PIA stole $50 from me and have refused to restore or refund the funds even after providing them with statements showing that the payment was legit.
Private Internet Access charged me $50 for a year account. A few days later they close my account and have refused to refund me the money or reinstated the account. The excuse they gave was that a transaction had show on the card that I paid with after purchasing the year service.
Even after I show a statement of the gift card that the PIA payment was the only one on the gift card pia refuses to refund or restore the account or refund the money.
I have heard multiple you tubers knocking them down since they got bought over but I actually never tough they will steal $50 and refuse to make things right. STAY AWAY FROM THIS VPN, THEY SCAMMED ME AND WILL DO YOU AS WELL.

Mar 3, 2023
I had the absolute worst experience with this company and would never use them nor recommend then again. I had a static IP address I paid for each month and it suddenly stopped working. I used the token I was given to try and reactivate it and received the error "incorrect token." I have numerous financial accounts linked to this IP address for access and was temporarily unable to access them.

When I tried to resolve this with PIA, their chat support was absolutely abysmal . After explaining the issue, the person had no idea what the issue was and disappeared from the chat so long that it disconnected. When I tried to reinitiate the chat, it was busy for 2 hours. Finally I got through to the "same person" who acted like they had no idea who I was or what my issue was (amnesia?). They offered a refund with no explanation of why my static IP address stopped working.

Email support was even worse. It was like talking to machines who don't read or understand tickets. How can anyone use a company that offers static IPs then randomly has them stop working...... Absolutely terrible all around.