Probably impossible but I'll ask anyway...

mckevstah

Honorable
May 27, 2013
What is the best (Or is it even possible) to get a really decent quality camera that also shoots 1080p for under £100?

I might be going to London, and on holiday etc soon and I want something better than my iphone to get some nice photo's and video's/timelapse things etc.

I am 100% new to photography, the last dedicated camera I bought was in the 90's when I was a child and it was a disposable camera lol. and I don't know what SLR or DSLR etc means.

Any help would be great thank you!

Solution
Point and shoot cameras are really good these days. They will auto focus for you and are very user friendly. I bought a Panasonic Lumix for under $100 US last year and I am very happy with it.
I would look at some reviews and even google "best inexpensive digital camera"

SLR refers to single lens reflex, but for you it means an investment in a professional type camera that you will need to focus yourself and would be much more difficult to get good pictures until you get some practice.

Pibee

Honorable
Sep 21, 2013
I'm no camera expert but unless the value of the £ has shot up dramatically I wouldn't expect a vast improvement in result for a 100£ dedicated camera over an Iphone one. That said an alternative might be an Iphone lens adapter. I've never used one nor even looked at them in any store but the concept seems to have a very interesting potential and I have seen still pictures that where great with such a devise. Perhaps it's an alternative you might care to investigate given the budget.

buzznut

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2007
Point and shoot cameras are really good these days. They will auto focus for you and are very user friendly. I bought a Panasonic Lumix for under $100 US last year and I am very happy with it.
I would look at some reviews and even google "best inexpensive digital camera"

SLR refers to single lens reflex, but for you it means an investment in a professional type camera that you will need to focus yourself and would be much more difficult to get good pictures until you get some practice.

Solution