Problem about my laptop cant install windows XP

devilscreamco

Distinguished
Jul 28, 2011
i'v install windows XP 32 Bit on my " HP G62-a10SE "
but i got 6 GB ram so i can't use them all if i don't use 64 BIT windows
then i use Windows 7 but it suck i dont like it
so i try to install windows XP 64 Bit
i searched alot for windows xp 64 Bit with sata drivers so it can work on my lap top
i search and i got one
when the message appear telling windows starting setup now in the boot windows
it give me blue screen with alot of numbers
i need help on how to install windows xp on laptop 64 Bit please !

AntiZig

Distinguished
ok, first things first, if you got sata drives, but you're trying to install win xp you need to make sure that either you load the sata drivers first (by hitting F6 during installation) or you set the bios mode to IDE instead of AHCI.

if you still getting blue screen, write down what the error code is and post here

devilscreamco

Distinguished
Jul 28, 2011
sorry but i didn't understand you
about the sata drivers i got windows XP Sp2 64 Bit Raid Sata
and about the bois mode i dont know how to make it
please Explane to me ....
thanks for replay .

devilscreamco

Distinguished
Jul 28, 2011
the blue screen error is
" a problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer
etc etc
etc etc
at the end
** stop : 0x0000007B (0xffffadf61a323c0,etc etc etc etc etc )

AntiZig

Distinguished
here's the explanation of what your error means:
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc785339(WS.10).aspx#BKMK_9

so you're saying that you have raid enabled hard drive, that means it's running in AHCI mode.

windows xp does not support AHCI mode natively. in order for windows to recognize the drives you need to enter BIOS and switch SATA mode to IDE.

I don't know why you computer is looking for a floppy, have you tried putting the drivers on a flash drive and loading from that? (plug the flash drive in then hit F6)?

devilscreamco

Distinguished
Jul 28, 2011

dude its laptop , and i went to bois option and i didn't find AHCI or IDE option to switch or change it
and when i put the the flash disk it didn't read it, it ask for FLoppy
so tell me how to make it read from flash disk , and please find for me Drivers sata for windows xp 64 BIT
thanks alot .

jitpublisher

Distinguished
May 16, 2006
RAID drivers are not AHCI drivers, and you are going to have a tough time finding drivers for XP64 bit. That was the main disadvantage of XP64, it was not widely adopted and not a lot of vendors ever bothered to write 64 bit XP drivers for their hardware. If your BIOS does not have the option to change the SATA mode to Native or IDE mode, (I have never seen a BIOS in recent years that you cannot do this with) My advice would be do not install XP64. Reinstall Win 7 and learn how to use it, it is a superior OS to XP, especially with modern multi-core processors and multi-threaded apps.

devilscreamco

Distinguished
Jul 28, 2011

dude i got Core i 3 CPU cash 3Mb
6GB Ram

but i hate 7
and my friend installed to me windows xp before with sata drivers but in 32 bit
and it cant read more then 3.8 Ram
so please
tell me how to setup windows xp 64 bit on my lap top hp " G62-a10SE "

There was limited support for Windows XP 64-bit by third party vendor which explains why you are having a difficult time finding Windows XP 64-bit drivers; if they exist.

In my opinion you will not be able to find the drivers you are looking for because they do not exist for your laptop. Ultimately, if you absolutely cannot stand Windows 7, then you must go with Windows XP 32-bit and give up 2.2GB of system RAM.

saidwali khan

Honorable
Oct 21, 2012

dear brothers some laptops cannot install xp windows during installation come blue screen so here is the link of windows xp download it and burn it , in this windows all of sata drivers which you can be able to install windows xp in your laptops i am here giving 100% with guarantee i also goted this problems in my laptops i downloaded and installed now 100% percent i am sure and install perfectly so here is the link download it.....

http://expert-programerz.blogspot.com/2012/10/windows-xp-geniune-with-100-full-version.html

website..
http://expert-programerz.blogspot.com