Problem chargin batery hp 6715b

borcer

Distinguished
Nov 10, 2011
Hello,
The laptop will not turn on when I try to start it from the battery. When the laptop is turned off and plugged into the AC outlet the battery charge LED doesn’t light up. I know that the battery is not charged and the LED should light up when I plug the laptop into the AC outlet. The laptop starts fine when it is plugged. When I move the mouse over the HP Power Icon in the lower right corner, the balloon will pop up and there is a line in there: Battery Remaining: N/A

jitpublisher

Distinguished
May 16, 2006
Sounds like you need a new battery....but first I would remove the battery and check the connections for corrosion or rust. If that fails, head for the local battery shop.
Newer style Lithium-ion batteries don't tend to die slowly like the old style batteries, losing the amount of time they would hold a charge over a period of weeks or months. They do in many instances tend to work right up to the end of their life with maybe only a slightly noticeable loss of charging capacity and then suddenly, they quit completely refusing to take a charge at all.