shalini_kapur

Commendable
Jul 14, 2016
on selecting tranfer data to sd card in Sony xperia L model, it shows photos 0kb, videos 0kb music 0kb. Whereas my phone memory is almost full. plz help
the sd card has full memory emty

Solution
I believe the phone also comes with a program called "File Commander". To use this go into "Apps", then "File Commander". Next tap "Internal storage" and finally "Pictures", "DCIM", "Music", "Movies", etc. Now go into the folder that has things you wish to move and select each item you want to move to the card. Then tap "Copy". Now tap "Back" and then tap the name of your SD card.

NOTE: Don't use the "Cut" option. Why? Well, sometimes when that is used, and if the phone has any problems, get a call, etc. while doing the cut and then paste, the items are lost. It is better then to use "Copy" and then "Paste" to move the items. Especially when moving a bunch at a time.

Do this in each folder of items you wish to move.

To make specific...
I believe the phone also comes with a program called "File Commander". To use this go into "Apps", then "File Commander". Next tap "Internal storage" and finally "Pictures", "DCIM", "Music", "Movies", etc. Now go into the folder that has things you wish to move and select each item you want to move to the card. Then tap "Copy". Now tap "Back" and then tap the name of your SD card.

NOTE: Don't use the "Cut" option. Why? Well, sometimes when that is used, and if the phone has any problems, get a call, etc. while doing the cut and then paste, the items are lost. It is better then to use "Copy" and then "Paste" to move the items. Especially when moving a bunch at a time.

Do this in each folder of items you wish to move.

To make specific things move to the card, you may need to set the individual apps to save to the card (including the camera). Not all will allow for setting their settings to save to the card.

Note: If you are using a third party app to download music to your device, then the music files may be stored in a different folder and not the Music folder. If this is the case then I suggest looking for the name of the application that you used to download music as the files are most likely stored in a folder named after that app.

To move things already on the phone to the card depends on what you are moving. Photos, videos and music may well need to be done via either an installed file manager (you can get apps for that) or by plugging the phone into a computer, via USB, and moving them from the phone to the card. When doing that I would also suggest saving a copy to the computer (or to a cloud account) so that you don't lose anything, should your phone be damaged, stolen, etc.

Solution