problem not from computer, just Cable box, TV, DVD player & tape player. Different lines

bestmother79

Estimable
Aug 1, 2015
Every so often, comes and goes, I get a static or scraping sound, from Samsung TV (Samsung Cable box) or in that area. Only I hear it and Cable techs. My 2 children DO NOT HEAR THIS. Cable techs have been here 2 times. Very annoying. Sounds like someone scraping plate with fork or coming from another place using a piece of equipment. TV only a few months old. I had an old fashioned TV previously, no such problems. A new cable box and some wires changed, no help. Can anyone help me with this? would appreciate it greatly.

Does it seem to come from the TV speakers or from the TV in general? Does it stop as soon as you turn the TV off? Assuming that when you turn the TV off the sound stops there may be a board or component on the TV that is making a mechanical sound due to a bad component or something vibrating. If it is coming from the TV speakers does it vary with the TV volume or is it constant? Does it happen with sources other than the cable box? This information would help to figure out what is causing the noise.