Problem with AMD drivers

Marijan_1

Commendable
Oct 29, 2016
I have problem with my Acer aspire v5 552g. I tried to download the AMD drivers for the hd8750m but when i do the screen turns Black then the blue screen occurs with a message video tdr failure... The problem is that before the drivers install themselves fully the laptop resets and then he continue to reset and cant get into Windows...

Solution

This issue happens a lot with ATi Graphics and it's just an issue with it's drivers..

Get into the safe mode (while you can't start your computer normaly), remove old ATI driver you've previosly installed, restart, get into the windows normaly and follow these steps:

Step 1: Download and...

NeleRS

Commendable
Jun 15, 2016

When do you actually get this BlueScreen? During or after installation of a driver?
Are you sure that you have installed the right driver from Acer's site - DOWNLOAD

The driver I've provided is for Windows 10 64bit... Which one do you use?

Marijan_1

Commendable
Oct 29, 2016

I use Windows 8.1 64 bit.. And yes I downloaded the right drivers from Acer. I downloaded the AMD automatic driver installer but didnt help. I tried even to install the drivers from device menager, no results. Every time I turn on the laptop the windows starts and when the windows loads and the sign in screen appears the screen turns black and then starts to turn on and off...after that there only the bsod with video tdr atikmpag.sys

NeleRS

Commendable
Jun 15, 2016

This issue happens a lot with ATi Graphics and it's just an issue with it's drivers..

Get into the safe mode (while you can't start your computer normaly), remove old ATI driver you've previosly installed, restart, get into the windows normaly and follow these steps:

Step 1: Download and install the latest ATI Graphic Driver AND DON'T TURN OFF OR RESTART YOUR COMPUTER AFTER INSTALLATION

There is old driver from 2013 on Acer's site HERE, but download the lastest (27th October) directly from ATi's site HERE

Step 2: Then go to C:\Windows\System32\Drivers and rename atikmdag.sys to atikmdag.sys.old.

Step 3: Go to ATI directory (usually in C:\ATI) and find the file atikmdag.sy_.

You said that you cant find "atikmdag.sy_." -- Then, it should be here "C:\AMD\Support\14-4-win7-win8-win8.1-64-dd-ccc-whql\Packages\Drivers\Display\WB6A_INF"

Step 4: Copy the file to your Desktop directory.

Step 5: Open cmd.exe by going to Start -> type "cmd" in the search box and hit Enter.

Step 6: Change the directory to Desktop by typing chdir Desktop.

Step 7: Then, type EXPAND.EXE atikmdag.sy_ atikmdag.sys. Or,

expand -r atikmdag.sy_ atikmdag.sys

Step 8: When the expansion is complete, copy the new atikmdag.sys from your Desktop to

C:\Windows\System32\Drivers

Step 9: Restart your computer and the problem should be resolved.

Solution