Problem with ARC connection: laptop - LG soundbar LAS750M - Epson TW5210

kallej

Estimable
Jan 30, 2016
Hi, I have a problem with to connect laptop audio to my soundbar when using the ARC fuction on the systems. Only video can be viewed and sound using the speaker from the projector. When I chose to use external speaker no sound can be heard. Cables are 1.4.
Any ideas of what the issue can be?
thanks!

Solution
arc is used to transmit audio from a normally hdmi input only (such as on a tv) to a device which supports this on a normally hdmi output. generally this means tv (input) to receiver/htib (output) with both supporting arc. otherwise, it does not have much function.

it looks like your projector takes hdmi in and has 3.5mm out for audio. it looks like your soundbar has hdmi in, hdmi out and 3.5mm in for audio.

this leaves you two apparent connection options:

pc->soundbar via hdmi and soundbar->projector via hdmi. assuming the in/out is passthrough on the soundbar of course.
or... pc->projector via hdmi and projector->soundbar via 3.5mm.

given that its a soundbar with 2.1 capability only it really does not matter how you connect...
arc is used to transmit audio from a normally hdmi input only (such as on a tv) to a device which supports this on a normally hdmi output. generally this means tv (input) to receiver/htib (output) with both supporting arc. otherwise, it does not have much function.

it looks like your projector takes hdmi in and has 3.5mm out for audio. it looks like your soundbar has hdmi in, hdmi out and 3.5mm in for audio.

this leaves you two apparent connection options:

pc->soundbar via hdmi and soundbar->projector via hdmi. assuming the in/out is passthrough on the soundbar of course.
or... pc->projector via hdmi and projector->soundbar via 3.5mm.

given that its a soundbar with 2.1 capability only it really does not matter how you connect between the two.

Solution