Problem with composite connection.

Ajit_7

Prominent
Apr 4, 2017
Hii i bought a used Samsung series 4 tv and whn i connected to the dish box, it shows only black and white pictures and there is no sound output. My dish box has a composite output. Tv model is, LA22B450C8. Can anyone please help me with this issue?

Solution
When you connect to composite video to a shared component-composite video input you will get a bw picture if you don't go into the TV menu and set the input to composite. Do that and you should be fine.
You will also need to connect a stereo RCA audio cable from the dish box to the TV to get sound.
If your new TV is HD it will be worth getting an HD Dish box and connecting it with HDMI. HDMI has digital video and audio on one cable. The difference in picture quality will be huge.
When you connect to composite video to a shared component-composite video input you will get a bw picture if you don't go into the TV menu and set the input to composite. Do that and you should be fine.
You will also need to connect a stereo RCA audio cable from the dish box to the TV to get sound.
If your new TV is HD it will be worth getting an HD Dish box and connecting it with HDMI. HDMI has digital video and audio on one cable. The difference in picture quality will be huge.

Solution