DontLookAtThis

Honorable
Jan 4, 2014
I recently hooked up a HDMI cable from my PS3 to my HDTV (32-Inch, 720p,120hz,). I've inserted the cable into my first HDMI IN port, then change the TV input. I hear the sound that the PS3 makes when it boots up, but see no video. I've tried unplugging it and using my second HDMI IN port and even switching the cables around.

Solution
try resetting your ps3 with it connected. this would make it look for a different display method than it was set to before. it should autodetect then

How to do a Video Reset: With the PS3 in stand by mode (red light on front of the PS3), hold the power button down until you hear two beeps (about 5 seconds). The PS3 will turn on and automatically reset giving you the best settings for the type of TV and cable being used.
in your tv manual what port do they say to use for game devices? use that one
also you may have to diable 120hz (its called game mode normally and runs at 60hz)
also your tv is hdcp compliant yes?
are you sure its not a faulty cable? (is it a cheap no-name cable?)

DontLookAtThis

Honorable
Jan 4, 2014

1. It's either HDMI or Components (Red,Blue,Green,Red,White)
2. Done, Still not working
3. Don't know, here is the full information for my tv http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00FFVZ5FY/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
4. Rocketfish, very sturdy cable.

try resetting your ps3 with it connected. this would make it look for a different display method than it was set to before. it should autodetect then

How to do a Video Reset: With the PS3 in stand by mode (red light on front of the PS3), hold the power button down until you hear two beeps (about 5 seconds). The PS3 will turn on and automatically reset giving you the best settings for the type of TV and cable being used.

Solution

DontLookAtThis

Honorable
Jan 4, 2014