Problem with Laptop. Details/Video inside

Matt_Arsenal

Estimable
Jun 21, 2014
I made a post on Reddit about this a while ago. I'll just copy and paste the details here. I bought a decent HP laptop for parts for 10 bucks. If I can't fix this I can sell the 6 GB of ram in the thing for more so it's ok. Basically, my situation is I have a laptop who's screen has been completely removed along with the keyboard. It basically looks like a Desktop PC opened up(I'll add pics in a bit). The hard drive and ram are fit snugly on the underside of it. I found the charging port and have it plugged in. I also found the physical power button. I hooked it up to a monitor via VGA and figured it would just work as a desk top.

I was wrong. The laptop won't boot to the screen. It turns on and the lights are lit up normally, but it won't go to the screen. I would use the buttons on the keyboard to put it in presentation mode, but the keyboard is gone. I tried hooking up a USB keyboard, but it has no function buttons. Besides,
I don't think the thing is booting to Windows anyway as the keyboard lights aren't lighting up.

Is there anyway I can get it to boot to the monitor? I have made sure there is nothing that would make it think think there is still a screen on it. Again, the lights and fan are on, but I have no way of seeing what's on the screen.

EDIT: Youtube Video --I'll also go ahead and post this in another section on here.