Problem with my keyboard

karanverma94

Estimable
Jan 5, 2015
Just after days of buying the laptop my keyboard has got into some problem. On pressing num lock, caps lock and scroll lock gets activated. on pressing 7 789610 gets typed. On pressing backspace key help and support window pops up. On pressing backspace in google chrome or word it types \ . It works very weirdly. If caps lock is on,then on pressing num lock, caps lock gets off and num lock is on and on again pressing num lock, caps lock gets on and num lock off.
onn pressing ',' this gets typed 'hplok'.
is there some problem with my keyboard or its a bug in the laptop ?

i am using msi gs70 2qe stealth pro

Wrenchguy

Estimable
Jan 4, 2015
I have had this happen on a number of client laptops. Sometimes a liquid of some description has either entered the keyboard or even gotten past the keyboard and has landed on the motherboard. I usually remove the keyboard from the laptop, and disassemble the laptop to inspect the motherboard. If there is discoloration or evidence of liquid on the motherboard, I remove the entire motherboard and remove the processor, daughter boards, and ram. I put the entire motherboard in the sink and scrub it with a short bristle brush, carefully, paying close attention to the affected areas. After that, I rinse it with alcohol to displace the water, then blow dry until there is no evidence of moisture, double checking that all moisture is blown out from under all of the chips on the board. Let the board sit over night, and reassemble in the morning.
I know this sounds daunting, and a little unorthodox, however, I have repaired many boards like this in my 30+ years in computer repair. Unfortunately, you cannot wash your keyboard in this manner. There is just no way to remove all traces of moisture. If the problem is still there after all of this, a new keyboard would be my next step.

karanverma94

Estimable
Jan 5, 2015

no i havent dropped any sort of liquid on it. the problem aint permanent. keyboard works normally for 3 4 minutes and suddenly weird things start happening and then theres no end to it.
Also right now i use the laptop using a wireless keyboard and theres no problem with it.
i am considering an option of sending the laptop back into the company and asking them to get it correct.
if at all its affected by moisture or something cant it b solved by moving hair dryer or blower under neath the keyboard to solve the problem ?

Would also like to know your suggestion at how to end this misery. :(

karanverma94

Estimable
Jan 5, 2015

No i havent spilled n e liquid over the keyboard!

Will the company solve the problem under the warranty conditions?

i hve a 2 yr company warrantly and laptop aint even 20 days old.

The problem started on the 3rd day itself. What should i do ?

right now m using the laptop through a usb keyboard. theres no problem with it. bt in built keyboard is totally weird.

Laurensschu

Honorable
Jan 2, 2014

Indeed send it back! Best way to get it resolved. But describe that it takes some time. if it's 3 minutes say 5 so that they will really see the problem when testing.