Problem with my laptop

micemen

Honorable
Mar 6, 2013
So i have this laptop called Asus x35u.
The problem is that i seem to have a very small fps in every game, even games like counter strike 1.6, they should all run fine according to canyourunit.com.
I dont know what the problem is or the CPU is really that weak? It is an AMD Brazos Dual Core E450 1.65GHz.
I've read that you cant overclock that CPU is that true?
In case it is is it really possible that the CPU is too weak for most of the games out there, or is there any other way to make it run any smoother.

Thank you.

ram1009

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2007
Personally, IMHO there's no such thing as a "gaming laptop". People on this board struggle to get custom made desktops to run up to their expectations in games. Laptops are NOT portable desktops. They are severely compromised by their inability to dissipate the heat of computing and they always will be. Obviously, someone/something has filled your head with visions of portable gaming. This is reality setting in.

micemen

Honorable
Mar 6, 2013
I know most of its components are not that good, but is there any way to improve the speed of the CPU, i dont want to buy a new computer at the moment so i try to play the games i play with this laptop.

Rora

Honorable
Mar 8, 2013
Your notebook should be able to run a game as CS 1.6 without too much trouble. The only problem is the integrated graphics aren't suited for gaming. This is the reason your games run really slow. Terminate any program you don't use while gaming and play full screen.

I suggest you look for newer drivers on the ASUS website, maybe this could make it run a bit smoother.