Problem with noise on new PC.

Braaxton

Commendable
Dec 2, 2016
I just built a PC for the first time and it appears to have gone well. The only problem I haven't been able to figure out is a very noticeable static when plugging in a jack to the front and rear on board audio jacks.
I am however able to play audio through monitors connected by HDMI and Displayport connections with no static.
I have two sound drivers that show up (NVIDIA High Definition Audio, Realtek High Definition Audio), and I have updated both with no success.
I also plugged a mic into the in line port and there was static as well.

If I can provide any more information, please let me know!
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Solution
it sounds like you are using your motherboard onboard audio? it could be that your motherboard audio is low quality or has poorly shielded audio so is picking up some emi. you could try an internal soundcard or external usb soundcard as a fix. it also does not hurt to verify that you arent picking up emi from other sources like routers, cellphones, etc.

it wouldnt hurt to doublecheck that you do not get static on other devices as well since some amplifiers/ speakers have high self noise.

hdmi and optical (digital sources) are more resistant to issues from emi as long as the source (electronics on your motherboard, graphics card, audio card, etc) arent the issue which may be why you do not notice a problem.
it sounds like you are using your motherboard onboard audio? it could be that your motherboard audio is low quality or has poorly shielded audio so is picking up some emi. you could try an internal soundcard or external usb soundcard as a fix. it also does not hurt to verify that you arent picking up emi from other sources like routers, cellphones, etc.

it wouldnt hurt to doublecheck that you do not get static on other devices as well since some amplifiers/ speakers have high self noise.

hdmi and optical (digital sources) are more resistant to issues from emi as long as the source (electronics on your motherboard, graphics card, audio card, etc) arent the issue which may be why you do not notice a problem.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS