Question Problem with Philips LCD

Apr 9, 2020
I've got a 9 year old Philips 55PFL5505D/F7 55" LCD television that suddenly developed intermittent horizontal lines roughly a third of the way from the top of the panel. They aren't exactly black, and will change colour and density depending on content, and jump up and down by a couple of inches when present, so are not confined to a single row of pixels. I noticed at the same time that a horizontal line of pixels at the very bottom of the panel also showed up, looking initially like junk, but now I can see are actually colours from horizontal line of the source, higher up in the picture. This bottom line, unlike the more distracting higher ones, is constantly present. All of this is present across menus, regardless of what input is being used, regardless of what source is supplying the content, and regardless of what hdmi cable is being used to connect the devices. For obvious reasons, now would not be an ideal time to lay out cash for a new TV (although I am gravitating towards an LG B9 OLED if it comes to that), but am also not keen to lay out a bunch of cash repairing a device from 2011. Philips 'support' was about as helpful as expected, telling me there was nothing they could suggest other than to take it to a technician 4 hours away from me to have them look at it. I've done the obvious and disconnected everything, including the mains, waited a couple of minutes and turned it all back on again, with no luck. Has anyone got any suggestions for things I can try before giving up on this set?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Mahan2210 Streaming Video & TVs 6
darkkamikaz Streaming Video & TVs 0
FaithAlwy Streaming Video & TVs 2
B Streaming Video & TVs 0
L Streaming Video & TVs 1
D Streaming Video & TVs 2
V Streaming Video & TVs 2
B Streaming Video & TVs 1
D Streaming Video & TVs 7
N Streaming Video & TVs 1
P Streaming Video & TVs 8