Problem with Samsung Plasma

rumpltumpskin

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2008
hello

i have a 3 year old 43" Samsung that will not turn on. when plugged in the standby light blinks and there are ticking sounds but then the light goes solid and the controls don't respond on the remote or the tv. the model number is PN43D440A5D. it has been in pretty much 24 hour use since i bought it.

the warranty is expired and i would like to repair it myself. can anyone give me a diagnosis or a link to a service manual please?

thanks

rumpltumpskin

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2008
nope, no bulged tops and no leaking fluid. i did some research and the samsungs with bad capacitors seem to have different symptoms, they slowly crap out, taking longer and longer to start up until they don't start at all. mine was working perfectly until a couple days ago i turned it off and it won't turn back on.

te100

Distinguished
Aug 8, 2004
Try a reset. I have a jvc that does it once a year.

Turn TV off.
Press INFO, MENU and then MUTE on the remote control. Then press POWER.
TV should start up in factory settings menu.
Turn it off.
Turn TV on again.

you might have to enter menu, mute 1 8 2 then power.

rumpltumpskin

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2008
the tv doesn't turn off and on and there is no MENU button on the remote. the tv doesn't respond to any controls, it doesn't do anything but show a solid standby light. thanks for trying to help though.

kcaudio

Honorable
Apr 8, 2013
I would like to suggest you to don't make any changes because it's an electronic device and by mistakenly if you did something wrong then you will not be able to use it and also it's very dangerous. So plz call service center and they will provide you the perfect solution. And I am new to this forum.

JonathanTrent

Honorable
Oct 23, 2012
I had this happen to my Samsung plasma as well. I wasn't really interested in fixing it myself, so I just took it to a local handy man. He told me it was "burned out". I'm not sure what he did, but $50 later, he had it fixed and working just like new.

kcaudio

Honorable
Apr 8, 2013

Yes, you are right and Might be he replace the component burned inside. But the good thing is that you solved out the problem.