Problem with SONY VAIO

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

MsGardener7

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2010
Hello everyone...!

I've been using a SONY VAIO VGN-CR36G notebook for a little more than two years now. It ran extremely well for the past two years which included long hours of gaming and multimedia and frequent re-formatting the hard drive.

However, recently it is behaving so weird. After using it for sometimes, it shuts itself down without any warning or logging off... All of a sudden- total black out!!! The problem is more severe when it's connected to the AC adapter or the power plan is set to balanced (and don't ask about the 'high performance' mode!!!). If normal typing etc are performed, then the system seems to be running for quite long. On the other hand, if videos or movies hardly run for 15 minutes or so... What might be wrong with it? The service center guys say the MoBo is gone and it will need 17,000 bucks to get it repaired. But I wonder, if the Motherboard is gone, how come everything runs so smoothly for sometimes (if on battery, it seems to run for as long as the battery lasts...). Last night I surfed internet for about 3 hours before it shut itself down (obviously in 'power saver' mode). I'm really really mad with my lappy...

Any suggestion please???

sanjeev4343

Honorable
Nov 4, 2012
hi

i have vaio laptop which is not unable to install the operating system it stops in middle and showing some memory problem some address code i dont know the problem may u explain it with me

chipzlim

Honorable
Nov 23, 2012
u will be lucky if your restore point is not yet deleted because in my case every time my laptop "vaio care" is executed my high performance is always gone..so what i do is to restore..then my high performance is back...now my problem is..my restore point w/c my high performance is included is alredy deleted so im planning to reset my laptop factory setting using recovery discs..hopefully everything will be back to normal...

cellcomp

Honorable
Mar 28, 2013
I have a sony vaio model SVE111M1EM and for some time the screen appears but there is no lighting, if someone has already had that problem and has already solved or if someone can help me ,the repair by sending a diagram of raparation