Problem with Turtle Beach Z11 Gaming Headset

Dolian112

Honorable
May 27, 2012
I recently got a new Turtle Beach Z11 headset off of Amazon and am having trouble with the mic when using it on my computer. Firstly, the mic came with a PC adapter so I can have both the Mic and Sound plugged into my headphones but it didn't work. Because of this I simply plugged in the mic into the front panel mic jack. When I tested the sound however, even with the mic right next to my mouth, my voice sounded extremely quiet with my mic volume all the way at 100 and the mic boosted 30 db and there was a lot of what sounded like white noise in the background. I figured it could be a problem with the headset so I decided to plug it into my phone and test out skype. While skyping with my friend he said the mic sounded perfect and just as it should so I deduced that it must be a problem with my computer. I also tested my mic on the motherboard jack and it didn't even work. Any help to fix this would be appreciated.

PS: I don't have a sound card. Would that affect anything?

BenEzz

Honorable
Dec 27, 2013

Have you checked your levels on windows?

Dolian112

Honorable
May 27, 2012

Yeah. Mic volume is at 100 and I also boosted it 30 db but that didn't help much. On my phone it sounds crystal clear though.

BenEzz

Honorable
Dec 27, 2013

Do you have a sound card? Have you tried that? If not then maybe its drivers.

Dolian112

Honorable
May 27, 2012

No I don't. Would buying one help? Also would getting a sound adapter card that plugs into the USB help? I have a feeling it could be the front panel connector that's the problem.

BenEzz

Honorable
Dec 27, 2013

I would suggest getting a sound card. They offer better audio, surround sound (if you have a surround sound headset) I would recommend the ASUS Xonar DX/D1 if you are thinking about buying one. You could try the adapter, but i am not very sure. I think it may be the front panel connector to.

Dolian112

Honorable
May 27, 2012

Alright I'll try both. Hopefully something will work out.

BenEzz

Honorable
Dec 27, 2013

Alrighty, Good Luck ;)