Problem with typing with new HP laptop.

larrys3255

Prominent
Sep 29, 2017
I have a new HP Pavillion laptop x360 m1 convertible, I find that I cannot write more than a few words or sentences before it switches to a random popup and often deletes what I already wrote. Any ideas?

R_1

Estimable
Herald
Sep 8, 2015
I know exactly how to fix this. it requires some specialized equipment.
tools. 1 sheet of 8-1/2 x 11 paper - paper of similar size can be substituted.
fold the page in half, top to bottom
then fold the page in half again, left to right.
you are left with a 4 sheet thick quarter sheet of paper. when typing anything lengthy place the sheet over the touch-pad at the base of the keyboard.
your palms and other parts of your hands are touching the touch-pad moving the cursor to a random place clicking or alternate clicking bringing up menus and otherwise hindering your productivity.
the sheet shield will prevent contact with your palms. can be taped down if needs be.
I find that the cardboard like from a cereal box is the best and you can make a mask of the areas you need covered

check the manual there should be a shortcut or other way to disable the track-pad. depending on procedure the track-pad shield may be quicker

R_1

Estimable
Herald
Sep 8, 2015
I know exactly how to fix this. it requires some specialized equipment.
tools. 1 sheet of 8-1/2 x 11 paper - paper of similar size can be substituted.
fold the page in half, top to bottom
then fold the page in half again, left to right.
you are left with a 4 sheet thick quarter sheet of paper. when typing anything lengthy place the sheet over the touch-pad at the base of the keyboard.
your palms and other parts of your hands are touching the touch-pad moving the cursor to a random place clicking or alternate clicking bringing up menus and otherwise hindering your productivity.
the sheet shield will prevent contact with your palms. can be taped down if needs be.
I find that the cardboard like from a cereal box is the best and you can make a mask of the areas you need covered

check the manual there should be a shortcut or other way to disable the track-pad. depending on procedure the track-pad shield may be quicker

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
bsea Laptop Tech Support 2
Dell_7577_KO Laptop Tech Support 1
E Laptop Tech Support 5
A Laptop Tech Support 1
Z Laptop Tech Support 1
F Laptop Tech Support 4
R Laptop Tech Support 1
S Laptop Tech Support 5
H Laptop Tech Support 1
M Laptop Tech Support 3
P Laptop Tech Support 1