Problem with uninstalling Microsoft Edge?

May 9, 2015
I found a solution and it worked for me. Let me know if you were successful in uninstalling Microsoft Edge with the directions posted at this URL: https://www.wintips.org/uninstall-reinstall-microsoft-edge/

COLGeek

Cybernaut
Thank you for sharing. This could be of interest to some members. Personally, one can just ignore Edge as well.

I suspect that when MS releases a major update (like the recent 1809 release), that Edge will get restored. Just a thought.

May 9, 2015

Happy New Year!!
Yes, that would be likely, if that solution worked, but it doesn't. Earlier I wrote that Microsoft Engineers were not considerate at all when they shoved Microsoft Edge down its customers' throats and not to give them an option to remove it! Furthermore, even if if one tries to use an alternate default Web Browser, e.g. Google Chrome, each time the System is rebooted, the System pops up and requests to change the default Browser different from M.Edge, despite that it was selected to function as the Default Browser! This is very annoying! Is this the price we have to pay to use Microsoft's Operating System? I had become very disillusioned with Microsoft and the way they control their proprietary Operating System. So, what can a customer / user do? Switch to another Operating System, right, and I wonder how would that work out? I don't like Apple or any other similar systems because I am used to the User Interface Windows offers. Best Regards, Steve Horvath, MCP, MCSA

May 9, 2015

There is not need for sarcasm, it was uncalled for; And yes, I am a Certified MCP and MCSA, but writing a new OS isn't what I want to do.