Problems connecting my Home theater to my PC

Kaynej23

Honorable
Oct 4, 2013
So i recently built a new gaming pc and love it. Some games i don't mind playing on my monitor, but other i really want on the big screen with 5.1 surround sound. I have an onkyo receiver with plenty of HDMI ports that is then connected to the tv via HDMI. If I connect the pc to my receiver, I get no picture or audio but the receiver responds like it is receiving something (switches from blue idle screen to black screen). I have also tried just going through my tv speakers, but there is another problem, there is a very distinct latency between the audio and the video and the lip sync settings on my TV fail to yield any noticeable corrections. Any thoughts?

Thank you so much for any responses I look forward to seeing what you all have for advice!

--Kayne

Solution
Connect the receiver and right click on the desktop / screenresolution. Do you see the second monitor? Is it set to the right resolution and refresh rate? And you may have to switch the playback device from speaker to hdmi to get the audio. Right click on the speaker icon in the taskbar for that.

noidea_77

Honorable
Jul 28, 2012
Connect the receiver and right click on the desktop / screenresolution. Do you see the second monitor? Is it set to the right resolution and refresh rate? And you may have to switch the playback device from speaker to hdmi to get the audio. Right click on the speaker icon in the taskbar for that.

Solution

Kaynej23

Honorable
Oct 4, 2013

Thank you very much for the super quick reply, I am not sure though, if i connect my pc to the receiver, how i can see what I am clicking if the main monitor is disconnected. Should i get a hdmi splitter for that?