Problems with Asus Zenpad S 8.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

BobC_1254

Commendable
May 19, 2016
Hello again- I downloaded Marshmallow 6.0.1 from the Asus support site to my Zenpad S 8.0... Was a zip file and I downloaded it to my SD card then reinserted the card into the tablet. According to the "about" screen I now have 6.0.1 Marshmallow in the tablet. BUT- Here goes... The battery life is now WORSE than it was and it wasn't that good before. Now the tablet jumps from screen to screen without me even touching it- and then often just goes back to the home start screen. The Asus browser is more glitchy than it was before and keeps freezing and crashing. EVERY time I try and update apps in the play store the either sit there "installing" or it crashes. Is it a good thing to do a complete factory reset and just start over with this tablet? And if I do will I have to reinstall the zip file to try and reinstall marshmallow? I switched all the apps from SD card to internal memory and did a back up. I made sure all my photos went to my gmail photo app. Is it just me that's having so many issues with this tablet performing properly? I did use the proper download to match my tablet. PLEASE can anyone help me? I cannot get any straight answers from Asus as either I'm dumb or they don't understand what my issues are. I'm not real computer literate and just want this thing to work as it should. Thank you everyone.

Solution
Oh I know that it came from Asus, but that doesn't mean it will work well for your device. Also, are the tablets you are watching in the videos actually just like yours? Plus, depending on what changes were made to yours, and what was on it before the upgrade, will have an effect as well.

BobC_1254

Commendable
May 19, 2016

No- The Marshmallow update came straight from Asus, and I see videos on YouTube where people are quite happy with the upgrade. They say the tablets runs much smoother- lags less- and have more battery time. Which are all just the opposite of what I'm experiencing.

Oh I know that it came from Asus, but that doesn't mean it will work well for your device. Also, are the tablets you are watching in the videos actually just like yours? Plus, depending on what changes were made to yours, and what was on it before the upgrade, will have an effect as well.

Solution

Mirek Goldberg

Estimable
Jun 6, 2014
First, which ZenPad S 8.0 do you have?
Z580C or Z580 CA ?
They use different ROMs and so the Marshmallow
update packages are completely different.
You probably downloaded and installed the incorrect .zip.
That is the reason of your problems.
If you tell me which ZenPad S 8.0 you have,
I will give you correct instructions and direct
link to the correct firmware.

BobC_1254

Commendable
May 19, 2016
The tablet had to be sent back to Asus 3 times. Finally works better than it did.. Still occasionally freezes and has to be reset. I'll never get another Asus product again

Status
Not open for further replies.