Problems with desktop/receiver/projector connection

msipe

Honorable
Dec 14, 2013
I have my desktop connected to my receiver via HDMI cable, and my receiver is also connected to my projected via HDMI. When I turn on my setup, if I turn on the computer before the projector, the projector acts as if it is not receiving a good signal and the screen remains black and flickers green occasionally. If I turn on the projector first and then the computer, it works fine. Also, when exiting full screen when playing a game, it also acts as if it is not getting a good signal.

Any suggestions?

Solution
Usually means the computer has chosen the wrong output resolution based on what the AV receiver has reported.
This is probably too high for the projector, so it won't display the video.
Easiest fix is to usually turn the AV receiver off and back on again.
No permanent fix other than turning the devices on in the right order (or powering the AV receiver off and back on again when it goes wrong).

VincentP

Honorable
Oct 18, 2013
Usually means the computer has chosen the wrong output resolution based on what the AV receiver has reported.
This is probably too high for the projector, so it won't display the video.
Easiest fix is to usually turn the AV receiver off and back on again.
No permanent fix other than turning the devices on in the right order (or powering the AV receiver off and back on again when it goes wrong).

Solution

msipe

Honorable
Dec 14, 2013

So there are no adjustments I can make in any settings anywhere? :/

VincentP

Honorable
Oct 18, 2013

I've never seen a setting to help with this.
If the projector is not on, the receiver reports it's maximum resolution to the computer.

msipe

Honorable
Dec 14, 2013

I reduced the resolution on my computer, I think this may have helped. Thank you.

bruse2020

Estimable
Jan 7, 2016
having a similar problem with my receiver if I turn on the ps3 then the receiver then the projector after 10 minutes has passed it might work but a lt of the time the receiver says there is no signal or unknown yet it can take 1080p which I believe is the out put of the ps3. am I doing some thing wrong or can I also lower the output of the ps3 ?