Product Survey: Video Projectors

Status
Not open for further replies.

bboysil

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2006
"...For example, when these mirrors rapidly reflect red and yellow, you will see green..."
This mirrors reflect white light. The color wheel is the device which lets the right color component pass in synch with the DMD.
For example: the DMD is reflecting the blue channel of the image but this is white light coming from the lamp, so the color wheel is letting only the blue part of the spectrum. The same with red and blue.

There are also DLP projectors that use three dmd's with three colored light sources( red green and blue) so no need for a color wheel. A frame being displayed with all color information on the screen at once. This means you can obtain 3 times the frame rate at a broader color depth with no rainbow effect.

waffle911

Distinguished
Dec 12, 2007
For example, when these mirrors rapidly reflect red and yellow, you will see green.
Besides being technically wrong as pointed out by bboysil, don't you mean red and green will create yellow? Red and yellow (which isn't a primary color of additive light) makes orange!

jeraldjunkmail

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2009
http:\\diyprojectorkits.com

I am a member there, and am going to build my own 1080P projector this summer. 40 *THOUSAND* hours of life per bulb. Commercial projectors are for amateurs...

abbadon_34

Distinguished
Aug 7, 2008
Either use standard Or metric but don't mix them both. Inches and ounces in one place, meters in another. Seeing how this is tomsguide/us I would assume standard US measurements, but at least be consistant. Even better, translate the articles or make a simple conversion program.

abbadon_34

Distinguished
Aug 7, 2008
Wow, this article is a mess. Seems like it was written by half a dozen people and connected in random order. No format consistancy between products. Some mention power consumpsion, some price, some show screen shots, size, weight, etc.

[citation][nom]JonnyDough[/nom]COMPARISON CHARTS PLEASE[/citation]

I'm guessing that's why no charts, no product has the same info.

abbadon_34

Distinguished
Aug 7, 2008
OK, I swear this is my last comment:

I couldn't figure out why they were using a condom for size comparison. Turns out it is a Euro coin! How about using something recognizable by the majority it of people reading this article.

G

Why is this site generating such poor quality articles these days (look at the equally useless webcam article)? What is this Digital Versus? Some copy and paste bot?

I read the Panasonic review then gave up. Doesn't anyone bother proof-reading:
"The fans this shape can relax"
"I ended up forcing the it manually"
"The image below" - it's not below
"When uscaling"
And how useless is the zoom option to see the two(!) Star Ratings?

Tattysnuc

Distinguished
Dec 21, 2005
A very wordy review. This needs metrics to compare each model if this is going to prove of any use.

Nic topic coverage. Bit weird as I have just persuaded the wife that our front room would make a great home entertainment room.

First purchase required.... Projector. Think I'll pop down to my local Sony shop and see for myself just what they are like. The reviews here have done nothing more than give me a starting point. Nothing that allows me to proactively compare the products.

G

I have the same prob, Firmware update doesn't help me use AC charger while projecting..HELP PLS!!

G

now my aiptek pocket cinema is dead.i've upgraded the firmware, now it won't turn on...pls help...

Status
Not open for further replies.