Prof. Predicted iPhone 4 Problems Before Launch

Status
Not open for further replies.

borisof007

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2010
Before reading this article, I actually never thought of Steve Job's connection issue and how it could have been possibly related to this whole antenna issue. Interesting!

gpace

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2010
***What does this professor know? Jobs has a PHD in genius and so his words must be followed. All the antenna research doesn't mean anything to the magic power Apple devices***

hellwig

Distinguished
May 29, 2008
Not sure what "problem" people are even trying to solve here.

Only a big clumsy oaf would hold the phone with their entire hand like some sort of uncivilized ape. You're supposed to rest the phone on your fingertips, and make sure to hold out your pinkie like a proper gentleman or lady does.

Or better yet, since you already own the iPhone, just go for the bluetooth earpiece as well. Its not like people are gonna think you any less a douche for holding an iPhone to your head.

As for holding the phone when not talking on it, that's what your iPad is for, silly Apple slave.

G

look at all the apple fan boys... hahaha jk but i kinda agree with artical i have an iphone 4 and mine broke day 1 of my having it and i was holding ti like i did when i had the old iphone 3gs which im using again because of this inconvenience issue....

Luscious

Distinguished
Apr 5, 2006
Another reason not to buy into the hype. Proves again Apple's brainwashing campaign is targeted towards idiots with deep pockets. Glad I'm not drinking the Cupertino Kool-Aid.

jacobdrj

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2005
Report: Man has surgery to fix problems with hand.
Apparently, after a San Fransisco man purchased an iPhone 4, he realized that he was loosing reception when he placed his hands on the 2 signature metal antennae bars of the device. The man contacted Steve Jobs, CEO of Apple, producer of the iPhone and other iDevices, the eccentric CEO known best for his most recent invention, the iRack. Mr. Jobs informed the man that he was 'holding the iPhone 4 incorrectly' and advised the man to 'hold it differently'. The man, who asked to reamain anonymous, did not know any other way to hold the phone. He proceded to consult a local phasician looking to see if there was a prosthesis he could use to prevent signal loss. After consulting a local engineering firm, they were able to conclude that with the installation of a simple metal spoke screwed into his forearm with an iPhone cradle soldered on the end could prevent iPhone 4 signal loss. The man stated "Obviously, Steve knows what he is doing whenever he releases a finished product onto the market. And if he says I am holding the phone wrong, despite not knowing any other way to hold the phone, it is obvious there was something terribly wrong with me. This solves all the reception problems. The iPhone is truly the greatest phone ever."

Steve Jobs could not be reached for comment. But an Apple spokesperson responded. "We at Apple neither condone nor dissuade customers from changing their physical attributes with surgery to be able to use perfectly crafted Apple iProducts."

lejay

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2009
[citation][nom]chess[/nom]I feel sorry for the Professor, he's gonna get a lawsuit coming his way[/citation]

That doesn't make any sense.

nebun

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2008
ha ha ha apple does it again, just like the time when they suggested users use antivirus software. lol such a waste of technology

RAMEON01

Distinguished
Jul 19, 2009
Why don't they just put the "break" in the antenna at the top or the top-right corner even? So when you have the phone horizontal playing a game you are very unlikely to cover that spot?

G

Apple should just add the the rubber antenna cover for free in the package to start with instead of selling it for $30 to fix their design flaw.

razercultmember1

Distinguished
Dec 28, 2009
Every time you touch the iPhone 4 it injects nano robots that flow through out your entire body. As the nano robot to cell ration becomes .75 your body will become the antenna, thus revealing the genius of Jobs.

drutort

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2007
I fail to see how 2 weeks before launch would have an impact even if they did listen to the professor :p i mean obviously it would take a lot more time then two weeks to fix it and go get a new prototype as well as change all the mfg processes in such a short time frame... to me this would sound like more of a told you so but i did it so u cant really do anything about it...

its true that he probably didnt know or have details as with a lot of products its kept under wrap until short period of time before launch :p but still with so many Eng. at apple they probably knew there was a good chance that there would be this issue... the point is they went on with it, not wanting to fix it

does everyone really think they wouldnt have found this obvious issue in the prototypes? When they had these phones like in a bar and other places supposedly. Obviously they did RL tests to extent that it was lost/stolen IMO it was neglect/ignorance on apples part if anything else :p

Khimera2000

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
you think one person would of used the divice before they shiped it out... it looks like a pritty obvious flaw. unless there quality control has reverted back to warshiping an imac. and asking if it pleases him.

rexoverbey

Distinguished
Mar 2, 2009
This issue is already being solved by a firmware fix. There was no design flaw and this whole article is moot. It was proven by the 3g having the same reception problems with IOS4.

Status
Not open for further replies.