Programming languages to build online Image Editing web application?

G

Hi,
I'm a programming newbie.
My first project in mind is an online image editing web application, such as Picmonkey or Photoshop Express Editor, but less complex.

I would like to know which programming languages will best suit what I aim on developing. Languages that are flexible and expandable.

I also intend on developing, Firefox add-ons and Chrome extensions for the online image editing web application, (at a later stage), in order to integrate it with YouTube and other media websites like it.

Thanks in advance. :)
----------------------
P.S. I'm proficient in HTML, CSS and JS.

randomizer

Distinguished
The bulk of the work will have to be done in JS. This sort of application will have to run client-side. You might send the image back to the server to apply more intensive filters (if you have the server capacity to do so) that can't be done efficiently in JS, but that's probably well beyond the scope of what you're trying to achieve anyway. If you're not doing any image processing on the server side then you can pretty much pick whatever language you feel like. C# and Java are fine, as are Ruby and Python... or PHP if you want to punish yourself.

ElegantArtist

Honorable
Apr 15, 2013

I finally have an idea where to begin. Thank you so much.