Question Programming laptop advice

Apr 19, 2019
I've spend a lot trying to find the best laptop for my needs, but I can't find the right one. I hope you can help me out. Thanks.

1. What is your budget? 650€ (EUROS)

2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering? 17 inch

3. What screen resolution do you want? 1920x1080

4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop? Portability is not important for me. But I guess 17 inches will do.

5. How much battery life do you need? 8 hours. 5 is not enough, 6 or 7 is meh. 9 and 10 are too much to ask?

6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)? I will be playing games but not that much. LIST: Dota 2, Minecraft. And maybe War Thunder. Graphics are not important for me. So low will do the trick. But I want to play it in full resolution.

7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.) Photo editing, small Video editing, Programming (phpstorm), Web design (illustrator, photoshop).

8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need? Around 150GB and 500GB SSD will do. But it has to be SSD.

9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.
amazon.com
winwin.rs

multicom.me
datalink.me

10. How long do you want to keep your laptop? 3 to 5 years or more.

11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ? It's not important. USB flash drive will do the trick.

12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons. Dell, HP, Lenovo, Acer, Asus..It does not really matter. But I prefer prettier design. Screens with small plastic edges (if I can say it that way).

13. What country do you live in? Montenegro

14. Please tell us any additional information if needed.

Speed and battery durability are most important for me. Also to run the programs I already mentioned without lags.

Also, I want to escape all the fancy features: touchscreen, tablet mode etc.

Thank you very much for your help.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
AussieWill93 Laptop General Discussion 1
T Laptop General Discussion 5
C Laptop General Discussion 1
J Laptop General Discussion 3
S Laptop General Discussion 0
O Laptop General Discussion 1
J Laptop General Discussion 3
L Laptop General Discussion 2
T Laptop General Discussion 9
M Laptop General Discussion 0