Programs Opening Randomly and Destop Icons Re-arranged

Samuel C

Commendable
Jan 4, 2017
Hello, I was using my laptop earlier in the day, and I left it alone, on with a program running (Wot ). A couple of hours later, I remember it and went back to it. What I then saw suprised me. All the icons on my desktop were arranged in a different pattern then I left them in. Also, a lot of programs were opened, such as a couple of Word, a lot of minecraft launchers, a couple of a music production app, file explorer, a disk cleanup, settings and 1 or 2 others. Now my first assumption was a virus, and it still is now, as I am running scans. I have AVG free and malwarebytes. I also am running windows 10 x64. Any ideas what this might be , why or how I can fix it? There could of been a slight possibility that someone could have tried to spam my computer (someone living in my home) as a joke, but I have ruled it out as it would have taken some time to open all of the programs and I would have noticed. I will update my scan results, but I am worried that something is remotely controlling my computer. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Sam

Ok, I ran an AVG Antivirus scan and a Malwarebytes scan and they both detected no viruses. I then put my computer into safe mode and ran Avg safe mode scans. Again, the Avg scan came up with no high or medium severity infections, just info severity infections, which I read was harmless. There were a lot of files that Avg said "Locked File. Not Scanned, is OK." I will now scan Malwarebytes in safe mode, and post the results.

Solution
Off the bat I can tell you its not a rat avg would have picked it up. And if stuff was open and moved than its not any one knowing what there doing. And if malware bytes and avg didnt find any thing I would say your cleen. It could just be a bug or error of some sort. What I am saying you shouldn't be worried.

Dynomite54

Estimable
Jan 14, 2016
Off the bat I can tell you its not a rat avg would have picked it up. And if stuff was open and moved than its not any one knowing what there doing. And if malware bytes and avg didnt find any thing I would say your cleen. It could just be a bug or error of some sort. What I am saying you shouldn't be worried.

Solution