Projecting TV to Computer

Apr 13, 2018
Hey! A lot of people talk about plugging a HDMI cable into their computer and then in to their TV to project the image on to their TV however, I would like the opposite.

I am looking to buy a TV however the main aim is to project what I'm doing on the TV to my computer (I am wanting to play the new Crash/Spyro game and share screens with my friend so he can watch me) however I don't know how to do this. Do I need specific cables for this? The HDMI cable is enough but I have to do something on my PC? Or should I buy a TV with bluetooth and that will fix the problem?
Thanks!

Solution
You can't get video out of a TV.
TVs don't have video outputs. There is no way around that. Bluetooth and HDMI-ARC are for audio only.
You can't get most HDMI sources into a computer.
Even if you got a video card with an HDMI input it won't be HDCP compatible so you can't get video into a PC from an source other than a camera which would have your own content on it..
You can't get video out of a TV.
TVs don't have video outputs. There is no way around that. Bluetooth and HDMI-ARC are for audio only.
You can't get most HDMI sources into a computer.
Even if you got a video card with an HDMI input it won't be HDCP compatible so you can't get video into a PC from an source other than a camera which would have your own content on it..

Solution