Projector - Can I make it wireless?

TheNaitsyrk

Estimable
Sep 2, 2014
Hi,

I recently found dongles online - E-Bay and Amazon. (all of them are sketchy brands, never heard of them). What they apparently do is they make your projector wireless, so you don't need any cables. Have anyone bought one or do they really work? I'm just wondering if it's worth buying because I'm not a fan of dragging 5m HDMI cable across the room and it'd really help.

Wireless HDMI exists, but you will still need to use a power cord, to the wall socket for power to the actual projector. There is no real solution for that yet, the microwaves would harm other things. Wireless HDMI is great, though I would try to work around HDMI cable, and potentionally a receiver if you don't want mutliple cables where the projector is located, probably on the ceiling. It'll be cheaper that way.

budwich

Honorable
Oct 30, 2015
depends... get a short hdmi cable and something like a microsoft wireless display adapter. There are others types that might work. Of course, it depends on what you are using and how well things integrate. I use the microsoft one with my samsung tv... works ok.