Pro's & Cons of usind LED TV as monitor

Status
Not open for further replies.

redwing3139

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2009
Hello

due to space limitiations I am planning to use my TV as my monitor. What are the Pros and Cons of doing this.

Solution
Depending on the size and resolution of your TV (i.e., 45" and 1080P), you might find it more comfortable at least 4-6 ft. away from your eyes as opposed to on your desk, which could mean a wall-mount kit is necessary. Any closer and you might notice the individual pixels.

I use a Pioneer plasma 50" but only as a 2nd monitor, and it is mounted on the wall about 4 ft away. Great for that immersive gaming experience, but I wouldn't want to work on a wordprocessing document or spreadsheet for any length of time using it :p.

Alternatively several companies make monitors that include a tuner, such as Samsung's Touch of Color series which I have seen in the store and think is pretty nice-looking.

fazers_on_stun

Distinguished
Aug 31, 2006
Depending on the size and resolution of your TV (i.e., 45" and 1080P), you might find it more comfortable at least 4-6 ft. away from your eyes as opposed to on your desk, which could mean a wall-mount kit is necessary. Any closer and you might notice the individual pixels.

I use a Pioneer plasma 50" but only as a 2nd monitor, and it is mounted on the wall about 4 ft away. Great for that immersive gaming experience, but I wouldn't want to work on a wordprocessing document or spreadsheet for any length of time using it :p.

Alternatively several companies make monitors that include a tuner, such as Samsung's Touch of Color series which I have seen in the store and think is pretty nice-looking.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.