proxy server error

shirlscanlon

Estimable
May 12, 2015
when I click on the internet explorer icon it comes up with a message about my proxy server..but when i click on chrome i can access the internet...i use wifi ..does anyone know why i can't get online with the internet button

Solution
Hello shirlscanlon

It seems that your Internet Explorer is configured to use the proxy server (which may or may not be in your network depending upon the type of infrastructure you are working in). To resolve the problem you can follow the steps given below:

Note: You need administrator permissions to perform the below tasks. If you are not an administrator of the computer and/or if the computer is managed by the systems administrator in a domain environment, you may need to contact the administrator to assist you.

> Open the Internet Explorer.

> Click the Tools button from the top-right corner (in Internet Explorer 8).

> From the displayed menu, click Internet Options.

> From the opened Internet...
Hello shirlscanlon

It seems that your Internet Explorer is configured to use the proxy server (which may or may not be in your network depending upon the type of infrastructure you are working in). To resolve the problem you can follow the steps given below:

Note: You need administrator permissions to perform the below tasks. If you are not an administrator of the computer and/or if the computer is managed by the systems administrator in a domain environment, you may need to contact the administrator to assist you.

> Open the Internet Explorer.

> Click the Tools button from the top-right corner (in Internet Explorer 8).

> From the displayed menu, click Internet Options.

> From the opened Internet Options box, go to the Connections tab.

> Remove any entry that is present in the Dial-up and Virtual Private Network settings list.

> Under the Local Area Network (LAN) settings section, click the LAN settings button.

> From the Local Area Network (LAN) Settings box that comes up next, under the Automatic configuration section, check the Automatically detect settings checkbox and uncheck the Use automatic configuration script checkbox.

> Under the Proxy settings section, uncheck the Use a proxy server for your LAN checkbox.

> Finally click OK and back on the Internet Options box, click OK again to save the settings.

> Try accessing the Internet. The issue should be resolved by now.

Hope this helps. :)

Solution

shirlscanlon

Estimable
May 12, 2015