PS3 Sales Grew 104% Thanks to Slim

Status
Not open for further replies.

shrex

Distinguished
May 19, 2008
how is the nintendo ds managing to sell 123,709 units. Who is buying it. Ps3 and 360 sales probably went up because of the price cut

hellwig

Distinguished
May 29, 2008
Agreed on the price cut. Hopefully no one went out and bought a Slim to replace their perfectly functional "fat" model. Most likely people were just waiting for the console to be sold at a reasonable price.

I imagine if Nintendo EVER drops the price of the Wii, you'll see a similar surge (since people seem to still complain about the Wii pricing, I assume this is the reason they have yet to purchase one).

If I had a HDTV, I might think about a PS3, but until then, the Blu-Ray is worthless to me.

grieve

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2004
[citation][nom]kelfen[/nom]this is odd just makin it slimer gets you more sales; if only I could hire sham wow guy lol[/citation]
Slimmer..
$100 cheaper!
less power consumption...
less heat...
less noise...

It is everything the 360 is now with a blueray, wifi and no ring of death

megamanx00

Distinguished
Sep 3, 2008
[citation][nom]grieve[/nom]Slimmer.. $100 cheaper!less power consumption...less heat...less noise...It is everything the 360 is now with a blueray, wifi and no ring of death[/citation]

Yeah, now it just needs some games :p

antilycus

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2006
again, this is absolutely bad statistical analysis. 1) 1 week doesnt prove shit 2) world wide, xbox 360 increased 29% and ps3 increased 34% meaning that if both systems (world wide, because thats all that really matters, regional is pointless) where exactly at the same point, ps3 increased 6%. 3) Even number 2 isn't true because we don't know the previous sales marks worldwide and we don't know what software titles were released. Every single one of these news posts are put on news sites and paid for by COMPANY X because they want you to believe that everyone is buying them. DONT FALL FOR THE FALSE HYPE

monkeysweat

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2009
even though with the 360 ur taking chances on the hardware (RROD),, it is also pretty attractive as the elite here can be had for 330 comes with 3 games & with a wifi adapter,,,still pretty hard not to look at as well just because i think if you are buying one of these systems to game, the 360 still has the edge in terms of # of games & that most titles are written for 360 & just ported to work on the other systems, which doesn't usually play quite as well as originally intended

SneakySnake

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2009
PS3 has got pretty much every game worth noting from the 360 with the exception of 2 that I can think of, Halo and Mass Effect. However I just play ME on my PC. And then there's the PS3 exclusives like MGS and Killzone.

Its got plenty of games, if you want Halo then get a 360, if you don't really care for Halo then you should strongly consider a PS3

grieve

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2004
[citation][nom]megamanx00[/nom]Yeah, now it just needs some games[/citation]
Very true!
I am hoping this machine will finally start selling and can finally get a few more titles.

guitarpeggio

Distinguished
Aug 13, 2009
[citation][nom]grieve[/nom]Very true! I am hoping this machine will finally start selling and can finally get a few more titles.[/citation]

God of War 3 is coming in the spring and Gran Turismo 5 hopefully will arrive next year sometime. That's enough to get me to buy a PS3. The $299 price tag doesn't hurt either.

False_Dmitry_II

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2009
It doubled the sales of the previous week? You mean the previous week that people new full well about not only the upcoming price decrease, but the launch of a new console? I'm sure sales were down a good deal from normal. Man, they can get really creative with these percentages...

nurgletheunclean

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2007
[citation][nom]guitarpeggio[/nom]God of War 3 is coming in the spring and Gran Turismo 5 hopefully will arrive next year sometime. That's enough to get me to buy a PS3. The $299 price tag doesn't hurt either.[/citation]

Really? No need for GT5 with Forza 3 coming out by then, IMHO.

anamaniac

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2009
[citation][nom]grieve[/nom]Slimmer.. $100 cheaper!less power consumption...less heat...less noise...It is everything the 360 is now with a blueray, wifi and no ring of death[/citation]

Except the 360 is sexier.

I may actually think about a PS3 now though.... wait, I just bought i7, fuck it.

G

I'll be getting a Playstation 3 Slim soon. I really want the system badly and hope it succeed.

Nintendo needs to realize that the Wii is not invincible. They can actually lose the console war if they don't do something. While one week don't prove anything, Nintendo not doing anything can eventually hurt them in the near future. Sure the Wii has a massive lead, but the Wii could start to slowly dive in sales without reaction.

Status
Not open for further replies.