PS3 Sales Reach All Time High Over Black Friday

Status
Not open for further replies.

hakesterman

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2008
No surprise here, It's the best console going today. It should be all PS3 from here on out, the only way i see PS3 slowing down at all is if Microsoft launches their way over due ( Project Natal ). If they don't it's lights out Folks..................

Manos

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2009
"In today's economy, consumers are drawn to items that offer the most value for their money, making the PS3 an ideal choice for those who want a comprehensive gaming and entertainment system all in one package."

And thats why Wii sales were higher. Like Sony themselves stated the consumer went for the best. ASnd we dont know the 360 sales yet which could only prove than PS3 is yet again in the bottom of the foodchain!? There is a 50/50. Specially since PS3 has never outsold the 360 in the US except at the slim release.

[citation][nom]hakesterman[/nom]No surprise here, It's the best console going today. It should be all PS3 from here on out, the only way i see PS3 slowing down at all is if Microsoft launches their way over due ( Project Natal ). If they don't it's lights out Folks..................[/citation]

Its interesting. Other than an Uncharted 2 there is nothign that I rather play on a PS3 than a 360. I really dont get how you find PS3 a a better gaming option. Mass Effect, Fable, Halo, Gears, Forza are all franchises with huge audience that love them and they ARE released on the current gen of consoles, unlike only a killzone 2 that took so many years of promiotion form Sony till released to be a shiny yet dull game. What else IS out there for Sony than an Uncharted 2 as a desirable option for a respectable gamer?

And keep in mind. Im not mentioning for neither consoles franchises or releases that are yet to come. Just on whats already released on each platform. And about Natal... Natal is not over due in any way, Ubisoft is the first company that gave number for motion tech releases: " around 10 games for Natal during the first six months of the launch" We expect four to five games for Sony's motion controller" was said by Guillemot himself at Ubisoft. And to think that Wand is nothing more than a supossibly more accurate wiimote and yet less worked on. I just cant believe you are so narrow minded. Unless ofc you arent aware of facts yet...

[citation][nom]_PS3_Rules[/nom]Absolutely! PS3 First Gen Adopter and just got a PSP![/citation]

PS3 Rules nicknames ftw... Who brought here fanboys? Ive been hoping for Toms to stay uninfected since its already changed so much as in the quality of articles and depth. Now its come to this? ffs

swampfox2001

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2009
I like gaming on a PC. I have a PS3 connected to a 46" 1080p monitor but I never use it. Left for Dead 2 on a 30" 2560x1600 monitor is the ultimate in game play!

hakesterman

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2008
Delusional Xbox Fans. Yes the Natel Project is way over due, they have it up and going and have games available but yet refuse to release it. ( Their Problem ). The PS3 has just as many Quality games available as the Xbox360 if not more. I can name just a few off the top of my head, Resistance, Ratchet and Clank Future: Tools of Destruction, Warhawk , MotorStorm, Final Fantasy,Killzone 2, LittleBigPlanet, Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots, God of War III , Gran Turismo 5. All which meet or beat any game on the Crashbox360 and can only be played on a true gameing machine( PS3 ) and Bluray player. The Winner is Clear as Blu Sky's..................

radiowars

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2009
I contributed to this. I feel like a villian and a hero at the same time considering I have a 360.
Holy shit, Bill Gates is at my window(s..... LOL).

datawrecker

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2009
For consoles I enjoy my 360 over all. While the PS3 has potential, there are not enough developers taking advantage of its huge hardware capabilities. The Wii is ok...hardware wise the PSP and iPhone could kick its ass. The motion control was cool for a little while but gets extremely repetetive and let's face it, it is not for serious gamers. Nintendo managed to build the perfect gimmicky casual gamer console. Casual gamers have the numbers, that explains Wii's huge sales. The 360 and PS3 could easily do what the Wii does and better.

Long story short:

PS3 hardware is awesome, developers are not pushing its capabilities.
360 has the titles, an excellent network, and huge developer support.
Wii has poor hardware, simplistic games and gimmicky controls.

I still would rather game on my PC connected to my 50" plasma. CoD 4, WAR, WoW, and Fallout 3 on 50 inches of pure goodness. My 360 and PS3 consoles share my 46". I sold the Wii.

G

This just in on TomsHardware: People Buy things on Black Friday! Jesus Christ Toms stop reporting every little thing when its a slow news day.

badaxe2

Distinguished
Aug 27, 2008
[citation][nom]manos[/nom]"In today's economy, consumers are drawn to items that offer the most value for their money, making the PS3 an ideal choice for those who want a comprehensive gaming and entertainment system all in one package."And thats why Wii sales were higher. Like Sony themselves stated the consumer went for the best. ASnd we dont know the 360 sales yet which could only prove than PS3 is yet again in the bottom of the foodchain!? There is a 50/50. Specially since PS3 has never outsold the 360 in the US except at the slim release.Its interesting. Other than an Uncharted 2 there is nothign that I rather play on a PS3 than a 360. I really dont get how you find PS3 a a better gaming option. Mass Effect, Fable, Halo, Gears, Forza are all franchises with huge audience that love them and they ARE released on the current gen of consoles, unlike only a killzone 2 that took so many years of promiotion form Sony till released to be a shiny yet dull game. What else IS out there for Sony than an Uncharted 2 as a desirable option for a respectable gamer?And keep in mind. Im not mentioning for neither consoles franchises or releases that are yet to come. Just on whats already released on each platform. And about Natal... Natal is not over due in any way, Ubisoft is the first company that gave number for motion tech releases: " around 10 games for Natal during the first six months of the launch" We expect four to five games for Sony's motion controller" was said by Guillemot himself at Ubisoft. And to think that Wand is nothing more than a supossibly more accurate wiimote and yet less worked on. I just cant believe you are so narrow minded. Unless ofc you arent aware of facts yet...PS3 Rules nicknames ftw... Who brought here fanboys? Ive been hoping for Toms to stay uninfected since its already changed so much as in the quality of articles and depth. Now its come to this? ffs[/citation]

Xbox 360 is a rush job with the worst reliability rate in console history, has overpriced proprietary add-ons that the PS3 included from the beginning, and is the only one that charges an addition fee for an online service, which even then is usually prone to lag and disconnects (see Halo 3, Gears of War 2) because they don't have dedicated servers like on PS3 or PC. Natal will simply be impractical for the main types of games Xbox 360 is known for (FPS) due to high latency. Whereas Sony's Wand looks like it would at least be responsive and accurate enough to use for shooters.
Xbox 360 played all their cards already as far as big exclusives go, and now they're getting into retread territory with little to nothing original on the horizon, aside from Natal.
Games like Uncharted 1 & 2 (textures, detailed animation, cinematic gameplay), MGS4(seamless cutscene into gameplay transitions, simultaneous cinematics and gameplay on a split screen, 7.1 surround sound, over 7 hours of hi resolution cutscenes, loads of Easter Eggs), LBP (creativity, originality), and Killzone 2 (lighting, detailed animation, physics, seamless cutscene into gameplay presentation, 7.1 surround sound) simply have more going for them than merely some nice textures, which is about all the much easier to program for Xbox 360 and its developers have shown it can do so far.

And for next year, what does it possibly have in development to go up against the quality that games like God of War 3, Heavy Rain, GT5, The Last Guardian, etc have shown so far? Halo: Reach better be pretty amazing because that looks to be about it.

The only reason Microsoft released the Xbox 360 so early was to get a head start on Sony, and they left millions of frustrated consumers in their wake with hardware problems. On top of that they treat PC gamers as leftovers by comparison, if that, which is appalling behavior from a company that was built on computer software.

Considering all of the above it's amazing the Xbox 360 still sells at all. I suppose with a good marketing team you can make people buy anything.

kencolestud69

Distinguished
Jun 7, 2009
I remember when I bought my 80gb ps3 last year. I got it at wally world on black friday for $400 plus 10 free blu ray movies and a free motocross game.

megabuster

Distinguished
Oct 25, 2008
All you banned 360 cheaters/modders hurry up and get PS3 so no one can ban your modded console. PS3 = hacker aproved :D

lejay

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2009
[citation][nom]swampfox2001[/nom]I like gaming on a PC. I have a PS3 connected to a 46" 1080p monitor but I never use it. Left for Dead 2 on a 30" 2560x1600 monitor is the ultimate in game play![/citation]
I have a PC and a PS3 connected to my 1080p flatscreen. I never use the pc for anything than watching movies.

megamanx00

Distinguished
Sep 3, 2008
It's certainly good news for PS3 gamers. The bigger the user base, the more time developers will be willing to spend optimizing code for it. That's the only way that developers will push the PS3 games to look better than the XBOX 360 versions, and the only way to get more exclusive PS3 games.

I do think that in the end, Sony will be lucky to break even on this whole PS3 adventure. Remember, Sony is a business and the goal of the PS3 is to turn a profit overall. I will not recount the numerous missteps Sony has made along the way as that's been way overdone already. As for me, I'd rather spend $299 on a Radeon 5850 :D.

angleheart

Distinguished
Nov 30, 2009
I have no idea what the initial purpose of having Linux compatibility was since it runs so slow on fat PS3 and turns out to be worthless. If sony can have it out without it at the beginning to reduce the cost, they would have had a better sale. Since lots fat PS3s dies right after warranty expires, we will see how the slim survives next year. Time for my fat PS3 may be up at anytime...

Status
Not open for further replies.