RyanJ

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2008
Hey,

I have a PS3 hooked up to a new HDMI TV ( http://www.bestbuy.com/site/samsung-55-34-class-54-5-8-34-diag--led-1080p-240hz-smart-3d-hdtv/8224045.p?id=1218865211300&skuid=8224045&sellerId= ). However, there is a bit of lag between the two.

I did some research and tried both Game Mode and PC Mode, which reduced the lag a little, but it is still noticeable. I tried turning on and off some things in the menu, but they do not appear to help. There is no lag in the PS Menu, only when I am in a game.

Any ideas?

Thank you for your time, and let me know if there is any useful information I could provide.

-Ryan

RyanJ

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2008
Thanks for the quick reply Speed. I will check that out in a little bit.

It is FIFA 14, I will probably switch in an old COD game to see if it has the same issue; plus it will be easier to track the response time on a game like COD.

I will check the options in the game, in regards to the v-sync...I looked but did not find anything initially, but I will dive a bit deeper.

The ps3 and tv are direcly connected, with nothing but an hdmi cable between them.

Thanks again guys...I will let you know if any of the suggestions work for me.

RyanJ

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2008
I turned off a bunch of things in the menu, and it seems better. I cannot tell if there is still a bit of lag or it is in my head, but it is certainly a lot better.

I could not find vsync for FIFA, but I will keep that in mind for other games...some online things mention you can install a program to turn on/off vsync; at least in FIFA 13.

Thanks again for your time, and help.