Tooommmmmmm

Estimable
May 18, 2015
I recently have moved my PS4 to my room and have connected it via HDMI to my 2nd monitor on my computer. Due to my monitor not having built in speakers I am unable to get audio for my ps4 minus through headphones. I was wondering if it is possible to get some sort of switch or cable in order to switch audio from my computer to my PS4. My computer speakers is where the audio would come from but it is currently plugged into my computer.

Monitor has headphone jack in the back.

Solution
headphone jack would only give 2.0/2.1 sound. do you have a 2.0/2.1 pc speaker system or do you have a 5.1?

if you had 2.0/2.1 you could use a 3.5mm switch to toggle the sources. fairy easy and simple fix if this is the case.

if you had 5.1, to get 3x3.5mm analog sound from the ps4 you would likely need a hdmi 5.1 audio extractor to get 5.1 from it. otherwise you would only get stereo (over the single headphone jack)

well, unless you have a speaker set like the z906 which has optical input as that would be different...
headphone jack would only give 2.0/2.1 sound. do you have a 2.0/2.1 pc speaker system or do you have a 5.1?

if you had 2.0/2.1 you could use a 3.5mm switch to toggle the sources. fairy easy and simple fix if this is the case.

if you had 5.1, to get 3x3.5mm analog sound from the ps4 you would likely need a hdmi 5.1 audio extractor to get 5.1 from it. otherwise you would only get stereo (over the single headphone jack)

well, unless you have a speaker set like the z906 which has optical input as that would be different...

Solution