PS5 and Xbox Series X restock disaster: Just stop, really

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 30, 2021
Yea. I have the base models of ps4 and xbox one. I just got a 4k tv. I would really like to play games in 4k. With the new consoles being backwards compatable, I would very much enjoy them considering I own games from last gen still in original shrinkwrap. The Xbox one s and x and ps4 pro are hard to find or cost nearly or more than an Xbox series x or ps5. It's fine if only a few games are next gen. It's still preferable to have the new consoles available. Especially for those in my position.

BDComer

Prominent
Nov 15, 2020
The "need" for a new console, either of them, is just because of the times. Covid-19 that is hurting person to person interaction, and current politics here in the U.S.. It all leads up to a heck of a lot of stress, and now the scalpers are making it so we can't buy what we want when we want it. I personally don't need a new console, but I usually get a new one on new releases, but for something new and fresh, but that's not happening.

Your "where to buy" articles really don't help, they just drum up even more frustration! In all this time reading articles like that, I've only been close to buying one time. (well, I saw it for sale for a second anyway and I've never received an email from one of the stores that there was new stock, even though I signed up at all the stores.) Yuck!

Jan 30, 2021
I had a ps4 a couple years ago that I bought at Christmas for 200 dollars. It came with Spiderman. This was a year or so before the pandemic and prices were lower. Right now a base ps4 costs 300 without a game and the same for a switch. I can understand the switch since its newer but a 300 dollar brand new ps4 base model is overpriced. I think the switch is overpriced too but Nintendo hit the bullseye with the console being able to hook up to a tv as well as being portable. I don't want a portable console so I am thinking of getting a ps4 but that price is giving me second thoughts. If I save another 200 dollars I can get a ps5 that is backwards compatible, is more powerful and reduces the load times by 10 seconds or minutes in some games. Granted, I am not going to find a ps5 anytime soon and I don't see things improving this year. I think that by Christmas, people will still have a hard time getting a ps5 before a scalper does.
I will probably get a ps4 and maybe down the road in a couple years ( hopefully I am alive) I will get the new model of ps5.

Jan 30, 2021
What are you talking about?! Seriously! The Xbox Series consoles just got an amazing exclusive nextgen game yesterday: "The Medium". An outstanding game that got 9 out of 10 on gamespot.com. It's available for free if you have gamepass!

Also, there has been a constant stream of nextgen patches/updates released for games since the systems release. I get that these games are considered "last gen", but the nextgen updates make them very "nextgen". Off the top of my head, some beautiful nextgen looking updates: Destiny 2, Forza Horizon 4, Sea of Thieves, Star Wars Jedi Fallen Order, new Xwing Squadron.

Next week we get a nextgen update for Division 2 and "Control". Control we are getting ray tracing (!) option or 60fps. Then theres nextgen only versions of sports games for basketball and football, both rewritten from ground up. These are new and the basketball one (NBA 2K21) in particular is way better than lastgen.

Cyberpunk is interesting, as it has a lite nextgen ability (not full nextgen patch yet) that makes the game actually playable on consoles (not the dumpster fire the game is on lastgen consoles).

So yeah, theres a ton of reasons to get nextgen consoles now. Esp an xbox with gamepass subscription! It's an insane deal!

Last edited:
Jan 31, 2021
Fine. Cool. What I don’t understand is why no one is writing articles about how this release has been so screwed up. Why exactly can’t people pre-order them from Sony? Or GameStop? Or anywhere else? Fine! Maybe Sony & Microsoft are only putting out five a month (seems that way, anyway), let us preorder. I don't care if I don’t get my console until May, stop this mad rush for disappointment. People have jobs they have to work, they don’t have time to sit on a website every three hours (Wal Mart) or wait in a queue all day (PSN). Let me pay my $400 and ship it to me whenever it’s my time. This is a rude thing to do to customers and I can’t understand the benefit to the company. They haven’t apologized or explained what is going on since September, according to my Google search.

Reactions: BDComer
Jan 31, 2021
What are you talking about?! Seriously! The Xbox Series consoles just got an amazing exclusive nextgen game yesterday: "The Medium". An outstanding game that got 9 out of 10 on gamespot.com. It's available for free if you have gamepass!.... snip

Agreed. Also, I've never really understood the idea that the new consoles are underwhelming due to a lack of mind blowing, exclusive, drastically upgraded games. Do we feel that way about upgrading PC's?

My buddy (who games on PC exclusively) scoffed at Microsoft's promise that there wouldn't be Series X exclusives immediately at launch. "Why buy one!?" he said. I was so confused. Would you want a new PC game to ONLY run on your brand new graphics card?

It's a remnant of the old ways of console "generations" that are gone (at least on the Xbox side) and I for one am ecstatic. It's long overdue. That Xbox has moved to a mostly hardware agnostic gaming system is the best thing to happen to console gaming in a long time. One OS/ecosystem, choose your hardware, and they will support the hardware for as long as is feasable. You know, like PC and Mobile have done forever. Accessories will work, the interface is familiar. Just more power.

Edit: Now, all that being said. I do think paying crazy scalper prices, and also being furious with the companies themselves are both overkill and a waste of energy. But I do think it's reasonable to want one, be excited about it, and be disappointed in a lack of stock for this long.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS